Inside The Sharkoon Nightfall Mid Tower Case
Opening things up we get to see the second most notable change. There isn't a full rack of front facing bays in the Nightfall. Here Sharkoon offers a five drive rack facing the door panel. These allow for a cleaner installed look in my opinion, and are easier to use.
All of the front I/O wiring is bundled together, but still allows room to install a drive easily in the top slot. The following four slots have the twist lock, tool-lees clips to hold the drives in place. I mentioned that the hard drive rack is turned, but if you look closely in front of it, you can see the lone fan included in the Nightfall. As you glance over the motherboard tray you will find it is exactly what we saw in the Rebel.
The Nightfall has the entire front I/O wiring group in a length that allowed for a clean install even when hiding them behind the tray. Furthest away is the wiring for the front fan. The length again is long and offers connectivity via a 3-pin or 4-pin Molex.
The rear of the Nightfall is very reminiscent of the image form the Rebel9 Economy case. With no fans in the top or the back, the end user needs to pick these up when purchasing the Nightfall if you desire the added air flow.
With the addition of a blue LED fan as an intake in the front it only made sense that the bottom of the bezel be vented in the Nightfall. If you remember, the Rebel9 has a panel that covers this area pretty good even though it has the same mount for the intake fan. The fan is double screened. There is the bezel mesh and then the removable dust filter, so keeping the inside free of dust is taken care of. Don't forget to be sure the LED wires are free when you pull this front bezel.
The top is lacking a fan as well. A 120mm or 140mm fan can be installed under the mesh in the top panel. The floor of the case gets supported with small rubber feet. The Nightfall also keeps the dust filter to keep your PSU clean when installed.
Hiding wires back behind the tray is pretty easy. With the exposed view through the hard drive bays, hiding wires is a little tougher. Getting tired of fighting extra cable, I got a modular PSU for mid towers. You will soon see just how clean a little case can be when the correct parts are assembled in one little package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Sharkoon Nightfall Mid Tower Case]
- Page 4 [Inside The Sharkoon Nightfall Mid Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- Buy Quantum Break get Alan Wake for free, because you always wanted it
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance