Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I did the first few runs on the AMD hardware and to be honest I wasn't all that pleased with the results. Come to find out, the AMD setup wasn't putting as much pressure on the TECC as did the Intel tests I did after it. So in fairness, I listed the idle temperatures for both Intel and AMD mounting systems.
Again with the Intel configuration, I was able to get a top ten performance out of the Frio. The AMD setup left a little to be desired here just like on idle. Let's hope this new hardware found in the Jing ends up on all their coolers from here on out. The main reason I chose an AMD install was because of the great results I got with the Jing. I can see now why a hardware change was made.
These numbers are for dual fan runs. I didn't do single fan temperature results, so I didn't do them here either. With two fans hovering at what I would guess to be at 60 or so CFM, I expected these fans to be a bit on the noisy side and here are the results that prove that.
Not exactly the worst I have tested, but the Frio will bring on the noise. At full load and the fans spinning at 12V, a level of 67 dB is still going to be heard from 4 feet away, so be sure noise is not an issue for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design