Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I did the first few runs on the AMD hardware and to be honest I wasn't all that pleased with the results. Come to find out, the AMD setup wasn't putting as much pressure on the TECC as did the Intel tests I did after it. So in fairness, I listed the idle temperatures for both Intel and AMD mounting systems.
Again with the Intel configuration, I was able to get a top ten performance out of the Frio. The AMD setup left a little to be desired here just like on idle. Let's hope this new hardware found in the Jing ends up on all their coolers from here on out. The main reason I chose an AMD install was because of the great results I got with the Jing. I can see now why a hardware change was made.
These numbers are for dual fan runs. I didn't do single fan temperature results, so I didn't do them here either. With two fans hovering at what I would guess to be at 60 or so CFM, I expected these fans to be a bit on the noisy side and here are the results that prove that.
Not exactly the worst I have tested, but the Frio will bring on the noise. At full load and the fans spinning at 12V, a level of 67 dB is still going to be heard from 4 feet away, so be sure noise is not an issue for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs