Accessories and Documentation
First we have this male to male, 8-pin cable. This cable will run from the Sentry LXE to the PCI card. Placing the head unit shouldn't e an issue based on the length of this cable, as NZXT made this seven foot long.
Here is the controller card. It doesn't actually use a PCI slot on the motherboard, but will render one dysfunctional, as the expansion slot is still used. The battery is shipped uninstalled I just placed it in for the image. Aside from the coils and caps there are the power connection, the five temperature probe lines, and the five fan connections. At the top, near the battery, there is a speaker that sounds during programming and also during the alarm.
Using a PCI bracket to mount the card, NZXT used this as the opportunity for a large area to place the connector. You find the same 8-pin connection here as on the back of the LXE.
The connections from the card include five separated, 3-pin, fan connections and five separated temperature probes shipped with plastic covers to keep them flat and straight. In the middle you see a 4-pin Molex connector to add power to the unit. All the wiring is black, some come separated, while the others need split as needed to route them through the case.
There is a folded up user's manual included. IT shows most of the basics, like connectivity, and how to get around in the touch screen menu. While not the best instructions on how to make the LXE function, it was enough to allow me to figure it out as I went.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT Sentry LXE High Performance Fan Controller]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Powering, Settings and the Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20