What I was left with was an attractive looking cooler that is easy to mount, but may have some clearance issues depending on the coolers and RAM positioning on some motherboards. It has the cool option to customize the lighting to match your interior lighting, or boldly contrast it, or you can leave the lights off all together. It handles its business and placed pretty well on out charts for both idle and load temperature levels. With most dual fan configurations, especially those boasting the CFM of Cooler Master's choice of fans, there is a bit of noise associated with them, and it is heard in the V6 GT.
Taking a six pipe cooler and tweaking the arrangement of the pipes, the fin density, and the way they are positioned, all aided in making the V6 GT perform as well as it does, but It also has a lot to do with the fans, and the complete coverage and mass amounts of CFM with good static pressure. The shrouds have spaces behind the fan to allow the fans the needed room to perform well, and they easily remove for cleaning, while the top cap stays solidly in place with four screws. I did not remove it prior to the images in fear if I didn't get it back together correctly I may make it rattle or vibrate; none of which was heard or felt during the V6 GTs operation.
Are there better coolers on the list? Sure there are, but the majority of them want $20- 30 more, and the V10 was almost double the V6 GTs price. Are there cheaper solutions? Yes, two of them. While there are two that do fall into better, and cheaper, there is one major thing that they both lack; flash or character. The Performa does better, but is a simple looking cooler with no sex appeal. The Yasya falls into the same boat.
The V6 GT may demand a $69.99 USD asking price, but offers sexy black looks, customizable lighting and good performance very close to those above it. If you are looking to make a statement while keeping temperatures at bay, get down to your Cooler Master distributor and test drive one for yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis