Having a look at the card, it might look a little familiar. That's because the card looks the same as the recently reviewed GTX 475 OC GC from Galaxy. With the model using the same PCB as the GTX 470, it's easy for companies who have made new coolers for the GTX 470 to jump straight onto an upgraded version of the GTX 465.
As for the rest of the card, we've got two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors, our standard SLI connectors and two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single mini-HDMI port.
The big feature is of course the cooler that Galaxy has opted for which is the same one on the GTX 475 OC GC that carries with it the ability to tilt the fan up and clean the heatsink that sits right above the GPU.
The Shader count on the GTX 465 comes in at 352 which is a good chunk down on the 480 seen on the GTX 470. On the memory bus front we've got 256-bit instead of 320-bit. The overall amount is also down due to the fact we're using the 256-bit bus. Instead of 1280MB of GDDR5, we've got 1024MB or 1GB as it's more commonly referred to.
The GTX 465 and GTX 470 both use the same core clock of 608MHz which means the Shader clock comes in at the same 1215MHz. The only difference is memory speed; the GTX 470 offers 3348MHz QDR while the GTX 465 comes in at 3208MHz QDR.
On the specification front you can see the model is clearly behind the GTX 470, but hopefully performance is still strong.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.