Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
At idle, the Yasya puts up a top five performance. Now, just to explain a bit, in order to keep things fair and level, I took the fan controller and set it to "high" and left it there. We control the fan and CPU voltage in our testing, so it was the only way I could compare apples with apples.
The same settings were used for the load testing and the Yasya and the 110 CFM of awesomeness didn't disappoint. The Yasya pulls just ahead of the Noctua NH-D14 and falls just short of the similarly priced Zalman.
Again with the fan controller maxed and our standard voltages applied, the 38 dB of noise level is quite reasonable. This number is completely subjective with a controller in play. If you don't mind a few degrees increase, you can set the fan to a basically inaudible level.
At a full 1900 RPM the fan is still very tolerable, not the worst by any means. To be honest, I expected it to run a fair bit louder judging by the specs of the fan. At load you can again set the controller as you would like, but there is a more dramatic cost of temperatures at this level; some four to five degrees.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent