Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
At idle, the Yasya puts up a top five performance. Now, just to explain a bit, in order to keep things fair and level, I took the fan controller and set it to "high" and left it there. We control the fan and CPU voltage in our testing, so it was the only way I could compare apples with apples.
The same settings were used for the load testing and the Yasya and the 110 CFM of awesomeness didn't disappoint. The Yasya pulls just ahead of the Noctua NH-D14 and falls just short of the similarly priced Zalman.
Again with the fan controller maxed and our standard voltages applied, the 38 dB of noise level is quite reasonable. This number is completely subjective with a controller in play. If you don't mind a few degrees increase, you can set the fan to a basically inaudible level.
At a full 1900 RPM the fan is still very tolerable, not the worst by any means. To be honest, I expected it to run a fair bit louder judging by the specs of the fan. At load you can again set the controller as you would like, but there is a more dramatic cost of temperatures at this level; some four to five degrees.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now