Accessories and Documentation
The installation guide will give you great images and text to get this cooler mounted to all the processors. Unfolded there are images of how the hardware is mounted, as well as a tip to make sure there is room for this first, although if this cooler is too big for your needs I'm not too sure you can use anything much, other than stock.
The hardware sent from Scythe with the Samurai ZZ includes the VTMS parts along with a little bit of thermal paste. The clips on the left are for all three LGA sockets for Intel, and yes, it uses push-pins. In the middle are the AMD mounting clips, leaving the Socket 478 clips to the right.
Here is the AMD hardware set into place. I just need to push them in, into their locked position. When you want to release them, just use the tabs on the outer locking parts and pull it out. These clips are for all AMD installations.
The Intel LGA push-pins go in with the same style clips. The ends of the LGA legs have oval holes to allow for 775, 1156 and 1366 all with the same part.
Lastly, if you are still in the market for a Socket 478 cooler, Scythe has you covered here as well. Once again, it is mounted and removed in the same fashion as the first two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Samurai ZZ CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now