ASUS is known for many things; they make great enthusiast class motherboards and add-in GPUs. But how many people know they also make workstation and server class products? - We have known about this for a while and have finally gotten one in (complete with a socket 1156 Xeon for the CPU) for testing in our lab.
The P7P55 WS SuperComputer is a healthy system that also happens to have the ability to run a ton of GPUs at full x16 speeds thanks to an NF200 chip on the board. It is this multi-GPU capability that gives it the SuperComputer name. After all, if you are pushing four NVIDIA GPUs running CUDA or OpenCL, you have a massive amount of compute power at your fingertips.
Still, there is more to the P7P55 WS than just a bunch of PCIe x16 slots. So let's dive in and take a look at this $229.00 board from Newegg.com to see if it lives up to its name.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card