The 890GPA-UD3H is an okay board. I actually was expecting more from it, but I was a little disappointed. The layout was not that great and needs to be re-thought in future models. I am not sure why they continue to put the x1 slot up and over the NB heatsink, but they still are doing this.
There were a few performance issues that I did not understand with the 890GPA either. We saw decreased performance almost across the board when we have a discrete GPU in the system. I would not have expected this at all and we are working to try and find out the reasons behind this problem. As noted, there were some minor annoying problems at startup as well, but nothing too serious.
Overall, the GA-890GPA-UD3H is not a bad board, especially with its $140 price tag, but GIGABYTE has some work ahead of it to optimize the BIOS so that some of the issues we saw are lessened or removed completely. However, at the time of this writing we really cannot recommend it if you are interested in the 890GX chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now