The 890GPA-UD3H is an okay board. I actually was expecting more from it, but I was a little disappointed. The layout was not that great and needs to be re-thought in future models. I am not sure why they continue to put the x1 slot up and over the NB heatsink, but they still are doing this.
There were a few performance issues that I did not understand with the 890GPA either. We saw decreased performance almost across the board when we have a discrete GPU in the system. I would not have expected this at all and we are working to try and find out the reasons behind this problem. As noted, there were some minor annoying problems at startup as well, but nothing too serious.
Overall, the GA-890GPA-UD3H is not a bad board, especially with its $140 price tag, but GIGABYTE has some work ahead of it to optimize the BIOS so that some of the issues we saw are lessened or removed completely. However, at the time of this writing we really cannot recommend it if you are interested in the 890GX chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Sony still planning more 'Ghostbusters' films
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter