It's great to see another model get the IceQ+ treatment from HIS. Looking at the gaming performance, the numbers are exactly what we would expect out of a card that carries with it the same stock clocks as a reference one.
When it came to looking at how the cooler performed, it was a bit disappointing to see that the card only ran a few degrees cooler than a standard model. However, when you have a look at the noise levels, you see exactly what the IceQ+ series are about. Not only do you get a small drop in temps, but you also get a great drop in noise levels which is fantastic.
The HD 5670 continues to be a good mid range card for people who want to game at 1680 x 1050 or lower with in-game detail set to around the medium mark. If you want a bit more power and you're happy to spend the money, we would suggest that you probably look at the HD 5750 IceQ+ version we just looked at the other day.
If you want to do a bit of light gaming or you're looking for a card to suit a nice Home Theater PC and noise levels are on top of the list when it comes to priorities, this is a great option. As we've already said, though, if you want a bit more power we would suggest you look at the IceQ+ version of the HD 5750.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now