While the GTX 260+ might be feeling a bit long in the tooth for us, the model continues to give us some excellent numbers in today's games. Sure, we're not seeing the big numbers at 2560 x 1600, but really that doesn't come as too much of a surprise due to the age of the model.
Getting a bit more specific about the Galaxy version, the model is great and the new Razor Series which refers to single slot coolers should bring with it some exciting variations on popular models. The last decent performing single slot card we saw was the HD 4850 and the heat that model was putting out was so worrying that most ATI partners opted for a dual-slot solution. What we can see here is that Galaxy is able to half the width of the card with the temperature and noise numbers being surprisingly good.
As far as the bundle goes, there isn't anything too exciting on offer. The front of the box does mention that the 3D Vision Discover glasses are included in the bundle, but our sample unfortunately didn't come with it. These are 3D Glasses that let you try out the 3D Vision technology that NVIDIA offers. If you liked it you could buy a 3D Vision enabled monitor along with the 3D Vision kit. Without the glasses we didn't get a chance to see how it looks, but we do have a 3D Vision kit in the lab just waiting for a capable monitor which is due in the next week or two.
The hero of the card is the cooler and it's great to see that it deserves that title. In all seriousness, with the numbers we're seeing from the cooler we were a bit surprised that Galaxy didn't choose to bump the core and memory clock slightly, but this can of course be done yourself anyway.
Single slot cards really have their place in the market, especially higher end ones with native HDMI. Be it for a home theater system with a small case or a system where the slot next to your video card is needed, there's people who are going to want this model.
It's good to see Galaxy is attacking the popular GTX 260+ again with something different. If you're after a decent performing single slot card, you really can't go wrong with this model here. On the other hand, if you're looking for more gaming performance maybe the dual slot OC model we've looked at in the past from Galaxy would be a better option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20