While the GTX 260+ might be feeling a bit long in the tooth for us, the model continues to give us some excellent numbers in today's games. Sure, we're not seeing the big numbers at 2560 x 1600, but really that doesn't come as too much of a surprise due to the age of the model.
Getting a bit more specific about the Galaxy version, the model is great and the new Razor Series which refers to single slot coolers should bring with it some exciting variations on popular models. The last decent performing single slot card we saw was the HD 4850 and the heat that model was putting out was so worrying that most ATI partners opted for a dual-slot solution. What we can see here is that Galaxy is able to half the width of the card with the temperature and noise numbers being surprisingly good.
As far as the bundle goes, there isn't anything too exciting on offer. The front of the box does mention that the 3D Vision Discover glasses are included in the bundle, but our sample unfortunately didn't come with it. These are 3D Glasses that let you try out the 3D Vision technology that NVIDIA offers. If you liked it you could buy a 3D Vision enabled monitor along with the 3D Vision kit. Without the glasses we didn't get a chance to see how it looks, but we do have a 3D Vision kit in the lab just waiting for a capable monitor which is due in the next week or two.
The hero of the card is the cooler and it's great to see that it deserves that title. In all seriousness, with the numbers we're seeing from the cooler we were a bit surprised that Galaxy didn't choose to bump the core and memory clock slightly, but this can of course be done yourself anyway.
Single slot cards really have their place in the market, especially higher end ones with native HDMI. Be it for a home theater system with a small case or a system where the slot next to your video card is needed, there's people who are going to want this model.
It's good to see Galaxy is attacking the popular GTX 260+ again with something different. If you're after a decent performing single slot card, you really can't go wrong with this model here. On the other hand, if you're looking for more gaming performance maybe the dual slot OC model we've looked at in the past from Galaxy would be a better option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio