The actual Dock+ is not much more than a large piece of plastic that has been molded into a single solid chunk. The designers left the bottom open so that they could stuff all the extras inside and have also made sure to weigh it down for stability.
Looking at the FreeAgent Go Dock+ from the front, it does not look like much at all. You can see the single hard mounted mini USB plug and the slightly angled slot. The front has an interesting shape to it; it looks like it has a cut out at the front lip. This is because it does have a cut-out. The reason for this is to make sure that the larger capacity FreeAgent drives will fit in properly.
When you flip it around to the back you see the first indication that the Dock+ is more than a simple stand. Here you can see the three USB 2.0 ports that give the Dock its extra "+". Seagate has also removed the hardwired cable that was present on the original Dock. This does make for better portability. In the center of the backplane is what looks like a pin hole. This is actually a single green LED to indicate power to the device.
The power port is needed for full use of the USB 2.0 Hub and the Dock+ with just a single FreeAgent Go drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility done in error, removed
- New Fallout 4 mod lets you play as Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3
- Titanfall 2 getting a grounded, dirty and human single-player campaign
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance