The actual Dock+ is not much more than a large piece of plastic that has been molded into a single solid chunk. The designers left the bottom open so that they could stuff all the extras inside and have also made sure to weigh it down for stability.
Looking at the FreeAgent Go Dock+ from the front, it does not look like much at all. You can see the single hard mounted mini USB plug and the slightly angled slot. The front has an interesting shape to it; it looks like it has a cut out at the front lip. This is because it does have a cut-out. The reason for this is to make sure that the larger capacity FreeAgent drives will fit in properly.
When you flip it around to the back you see the first indication that the Dock+ is more than a simple stand. Here you can see the three USB 2.0 ports that give the Dock its extra "+". Seagate has also removed the hardwired cable that was present on the original Dock. This does make for better portability. In the center of the backplane is what looks like a pin hole. This is actually a single green LED to indicate power to the device.
The power port is needed for full use of the USB 2.0 Hub and the Dock+ with just a single FreeAgent Go drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis