At over 12 months old it's surprising to say the least that we still see companies release models under the GTX 260 naming scheme. And while the model has gone through a few changes over the past year, NVIDIA would usually add a new name. To be honest, I'm surprised we didn't see a GTX 263 and GTX 265 as the minor improvements came to the model.
Today we're looking at a pretty special GTX 260 from GIGABYTE. Carrying with it the new Super Overclock naming scheme, we hope that there's something pretty exciting about the card in store. While GIGABYTE managed to talk the card up a bit to me, most companies talk up their product so it remains to be seen how well it really goes.
What had me concerned, however, was that a "Super Overclock" to GIGABYTE might not be all that much of a Super Overclock to everyone else. What we'll do before we have a closer look at the card and it's specifications is check out the package. From there we will have a closer look at the card before checking out the clocks of the card and then getting into the benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99