AMD's persistence with the Phenom II processor is to be commended.
It's definitely no major competitor for Intel's Core i7 processors, but to take on the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors, especially in a price war, AMD's top clocked processor is alot cheaper than Intel's Core 2 Quad Q9770. We honestly expected AMD to go a bit more stagnant on the chipset front and deal more with the processor, but this is far from the case.
AMD's 785G chipset may sound like a slower model compared to the 790FX and 790GX, while it lacks dual x16 lanes that the 790FX has, the 785G supports all the same features that the 790GX owns such as SidePort memory, support for CrossFireX with dual x8 PCI Express slots and the latest Southbridge. It has a major up on the 790GX and that's a 4xxx HD Radeon graphics core, which brings to the table DX10.1 compatibility, which is especially good if you're going to run Vista and Aero desktop or Windows 7 and Aero.
ASRock has been a company that of late has managed to impress us a lot - at first dealing with the more value and OEM side of things, ASRock has moved into overclocking and tweaking type of boards and is doing a pretty good job.
Today's offering is the M3A785GXH/128M, this board is available on Newegg for an incredible $99.99 USD. Is it worth the dollars? Does it overclock and what does it have for you? Let's get those questions answered right now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a $100 microtransaction
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter