I'm sure at this point most of you have seen or heard of the Hyper 21 from Cooler Master. This was one of the few, at the time, to offer a gap in the middle of the fin sets. I was able to test that cooler myself, but it was prior to my time with TweakTown, but I still remember what the 212 had to offer. To me the Hyper 212 was a good design, and very efficient for the lack of total surface area with all the missing middle bits of the fins. Yet this cooler has what it takes to keep temperatures at bay.
Rethinking a few things after the original Hyper 212 was released, Cooler Master saw the need to take the 212 back to the drawing board and see what they could do to offer a better solution. Not only is the actual cooler a bit different this time around, but they went with another style of fan. They also got together with the engineers to develop an all new mounting hardware, which are welcomed changes in my eyes.
I cannot make a direct comparison of temperatures however, as my testing method at that time was very different from the T.E.C.C. solution Chris created and what we use here today. I will however point out all the differences from the original design to the Hyper 212 Plus.
From what I remember of the Hyper 212 it was a descent cooler. A revision can only make things better, so let's get into the tests and see just how well Cooler Master did with the Hyper 212 Plus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Test System and Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog