I'm sure at this point most of you have seen or heard of the Hyper 21 from Cooler Master. This was one of the few, at the time, to offer a gap in the middle of the fin sets. I was able to test that cooler myself, but it was prior to my time with TweakTown, but I still remember what the 212 had to offer. To me the Hyper 212 was a good design, and very efficient for the lack of total surface area with all the missing middle bits of the fins. Yet this cooler has what it takes to keep temperatures at bay.
Rethinking a few things after the original Hyper 212 was released, Cooler Master saw the need to take the 212 back to the drawing board and see what they could do to offer a better solution. Not only is the actual cooler a bit different this time around, but they went with another style of fan. They also got together with the engineers to develop an all new mounting hardware, which are welcomed changes in my eyes.
I cannot make a direct comparison of temperatures however, as my testing method at that time was very different from the T.E.C.C. solution Chris created and what we use here today. I will however point out all the differences from the original design to the Hyper 212 Plus.
From what I remember of the Hyper 212 it was a descent cooler. A revision can only make things better, so let's get into the tests and see just how well Cooler Master did with the Hyper 212 Plus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Test System and Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio