I'm sure at this point most of you have seen or heard of the Hyper 21 from Cooler Master. This was one of the few, at the time, to offer a gap in the middle of the fin sets. I was able to test that cooler myself, but it was prior to my time with TweakTown, but I still remember what the 212 had to offer. To me the Hyper 212 was a good design, and very efficient for the lack of total surface area with all the missing middle bits of the fins. Yet this cooler has what it takes to keep temperatures at bay.
Rethinking a few things after the original Hyper 212 was released, Cooler Master saw the need to take the 212 back to the drawing board and see what they could do to offer a better solution. Not only is the actual cooler a bit different this time around, but they went with another style of fan. They also got together with the engineers to develop an all new mounting hardware, which are welcomed changes in my eyes.
I cannot make a direct comparison of temperatures however, as my testing method at that time was very different from the T.E.C.C. solution Chris created and what we use here today. I will however point out all the differences from the original design to the Hyper 212 Plus.
From what I remember of the Hyper 212 it was a descent cooler. A revision can only make things better, so let's get into the tests and see just how well Cooler Master did with the Hyper 212 Plus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Test System and Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY