We recently talked about how to put Power over Ethernet (PoE) into your home and even showed you how simple it can be to get this great technology up and running with a home security system. But how does the other half live? Have you ever wondered how PoE is implemented in the enterprise? Well, if you have then we have a nice treat for you. We have had the chance to take a look at TRENDnet's TPE-80WS 8-Port Web Smart PoE Switch and see just how powerful and functional this switch is in an enterprise setting.
As with all enterprise class products, you are going to pay more for each device. However, you are also going to get a higher class of product. As enterprise products simply have to work 24/7, they need higher quality cooling, better components and better features. This is why the TPE-80WS will set you back a cool $250 U.S. Dollars, but this is not a bad price for the features and performance TRENDnet is advertising.
With the TPE-80WS you get a maximum of 15 Watts per port (120 Watts total on the device), PoE over current protection, Web Smart Management UI, Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1D), V-Lan Support, Trunking, 802.3ad Link Aggregation , 802.1p QoS (Quality of Service), Flow Control and 16GB of switching bandwidth.
Not a bad haul on paper, so let's see if the TPE-80WS can deliver in person.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes