The ASRock X58 Extreme is a mixed bag to be sure. It is a decent board when it comes to normal usage. However, it has some issues with memory as well as some POST and boot issues that we were not able to resolve. Tri-SLI did not work and SLI was also a hit or miss item. Overclocking was pretty simple, but behind where it should be for a normal X58 based board.
For overall layout the X58 Extreme is done well with a few minor hits for cluttered design. Heat and power draw were average with the exception of the high delta change for power draw from idle to load.
Single GPU gaming was very good; there were no issues with sound, video or anything else. We did not test for dual GPU performance with the X58 due to the issues with POSTing and a few other boot problems.
Pricewise, the X58 Extreme from ASRock is about right with a price of around $170. Still, this is not an enthusiast board by any means; it can get you a semi-decent OC and game pretty well, but the problems we saw does not endear it to us. If you are looking for a low cost board to get you into the Core i7 playing field, you might consider the ASRock X58 Extreme. However, I would caution you to be prepared for some bumps.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis