We've always been a fan of the GTX 275; there's really no reason not to like it and while it's nothing more than a rebranded model which can be confusing to some, the card does exactly what we want, offers good performance and sits at a good price point.
Today we're going to be checking out a GTX 275 from Palit and while it doesn't carry the Sonic naming scheme which tends to peak our interest more, it is still unique in the cooling department.
This really is the better side to improve upon when it comes to releasing a card, as overclocking can be done yourself and you don't have to worry about voiding the warranty. While you can replace the cooler on a graphics card without too much drama, you do instantly void your warranty which is something people want to avoid.
Let's take the time to have a quick look at the package Palit has put together before we have a closer look at the card. We'll then check out how the performance is with their version of the GTX 275.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.