You may not be familiar with FSP Group as a brand, but, you may have actually bought one under a more familiar name like Antec, OCZ, Silverstone, or Zalman. FSP Group has been providing OEM built power supplies since 1993. Expanding on this business, they are now marketing directly to the consumer under the FSP label instead of the Fortron name you may be somewhat familiar with.
So, FSP Group is not a newcomer to the power supply business with well over a decade of design and manufacturing innovation along with more 80 Plus certified power supplies than any other OEM manufacturer.
In the lab today is one of these direct branded power supplies, the FSP Group POWER_MOD 700W. This item is squarely aimed at the mid-range market with capacity support for one high-end or a couple of entry level graphics cards in SLI/Crossfire configurations. It offers all of the latest items you might look for in a power supply; semi-modular, 80 Plus certified, SLI capable and stable.
A quick peek at the label and the odd item that sticks out is the three PCI-E power runs, which is a little odd for a power supply sporting the SLI certification, but, hey, I am getting a little ahead of myself. Let' s see how this unit stacks up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives