Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The three cases released in the Cupid series from A+ are different in overall dimensions, but share the same color scheme and mini-ITX form factor. All of them, including the Cupid 3, come with varying power supplies. The Cupid 3 for instance, comes included with a 200 W mini-ATX power supply. This version is more narrow and taller than the 1 and 2 models. The Cupid 3 measures 8.75" wide by 5.25" tall (with feet) by 13.25" long to the end of the PCI expansion slot. The Cupid 3 with the power supply weighs in at 2.3Kg, or right around 5 pounds, which seems in my hand to be relatively light. The main structure of the case and the cover are built from 0.7mm steel, while the front is an acrylic base with aluminum face plates.
This case also features one 5.25" bay that opens the case front door and two 3.5" bays hidden below. The Cupid 3 also features a 56-in-1 card reader nuzzled in between front output audio jacks and two USB ports. The overall looks of the case are sleek and sexy in my opinion; the all black body with the silver front, covered in aluminum, two-thirds brushed and one-third polished. All of this leaves a flat yet sophisticated look to the front, so it makes a clean addition to your HTPC set-up.
The Cupid series of cases just made their press release back in early February, but were also assured this series would hit e-tailers shelves soon. Newegg does carry the Tagan / A+ case line-up, but has yet to place an early link in anticipation for their arrival. I can only speculate and hope they hit markets in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled if this case fits your needs.
The projected pricing for the Cupid 3 is to retail for around $89 USD when they do hit retailers locally or e-tailers stock. Looking at current stock at Newegg, I found that they currently only stock seventeen different mini-ITX specific cases. This leaves a big hole for manufacturers like A+ to step up and fill the demand. With so few to choose from it is really tough to judge against the field for pricing, but the $89 asking price does seem to be in line with many of the other options available from other manufacturers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives