ThermoLab is an impressive company that seems to have gotten its roots in developing heat exchangers back in 2003 and then moving the technology into computers. With small steps and development they had gotten all the way to building a complete CPU cooling solution, a couple of which are already on the market. These would be the Nano Silencer and the Micro Silencer, both of which are for smaller form factor cases. This is ThermoLab's first go at a tower style cooler and since the other two coolers were just released last year, I have to say this is a big step for ThermoLab.
ThermoLab has sent us the BARAM CPU cooler for testing. The BARAM is a Korean word which translates to airflow in English. Thermolab has taken great measures with BARAM to impart this cooler with that philosophy. ThermoLab looked at the basic tower style cooler design and came up with solutions to improve on this idea. With that quest, ThermoLab has developed some very innovative concepts which are put into practice with the BARAM. While a lot of this tech is nothing new, very few manufacturers have put it all together in one complete package.
The cooler ships from ThermoLab without a fan included. This does two things that benefit the end user in my opinion. First, it allows them to keep manufacturing costs down a bit and they can pass that saving on to their customers. Secondly, it allows the end-user to pick and choose what fan has the best CFM while still staying within satisfactory sound limits, depending on what each individual ear can take. For testing I went average on my fan choice and I'll explain later why I made that choice. Enough with all this talk, let's get to the BARAM and see what ThermoLab has come up with this time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ThermoLab BARAM]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair