The Power Supply
First impressions are very good. The casing is a textured flat black color with a silver fan grill with a black and silver logo. It is a clean, classic look. For those familiar, you will notice an uncanny similarity to a Silverstone power supply, the OP1000-E, but more about that later. If you are looking for a power supply that has a little flash to show off in a windowed case with a fancy LED fan, cool modular cables or the like, this unit would not be it. Then again, it all comes down to taste. Like a good book, you should never judge it by the cover. Ultimately, how the power supply delivers power is the most important quality.
Here is a view of the fan side of the power supply. This is the side up that you would see in a BTX case. The power supply offers a nice clean basic look.
The back side of the PSU is relatively standard with hexagon mesh. You will note the status light to provide a visual indicator that the power supply is in a ready state. You will also notice that the power cable is vertical. Tagan claims the vertical AC socket is less likely to interfere with a system case.
Here is a look at the cable side of the power supply. You can see that all the cables are sleeved into the power supply. You will notice that there is no plastic ring protector around the opening. These are normally installed to insure that the power cables are not shorted out on the casing. A quick brush of the finger along the edge answers the question. The metal is thick and has been deburred and rounded. No chance of a cut on these edges.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup