The Power Supply
First impressions are very good. The casing is a textured flat black color with a silver fan grill with a black and silver logo. It is a clean, classic look. For those familiar, you will notice an uncanny similarity to a Silverstone power supply, the OP1000-E, but more about that later. If you are looking for a power supply that has a little flash to show off in a windowed case with a fancy LED fan, cool modular cables or the like, this unit would not be it. Then again, it all comes down to taste. Like a good book, you should never judge it by the cover. Ultimately, how the power supply delivers power is the most important quality.
Here is a view of the fan side of the power supply. This is the side up that you would see in a BTX case. The power supply offers a nice clean basic look.
The back side of the PSU is relatively standard with hexagon mesh. You will note the status light to provide a visual indicator that the power supply is in a ready state. You will also notice that the power cable is vertical. Tagan claims the vertical AC socket is less likely to interfere with a system case.
Here is a look at the cable side of the power supply. You can see that all the cables are sleeved into the power supply. You will notice that there is no plastic ring protector around the opening. These are normally installed to insure that the power cables are not shorted out on the casing. A quick brush of the finger along the edge answers the question. The metal is thick and has been deburred and rounded. No chance of a cut on these edges.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20