The Power Supply
First impressions are very good. The casing is a textured flat black color with a silver fan grill with a black and silver logo. It is a clean, classic look. For those familiar, you will notice an uncanny similarity to a Silverstone power supply, the OP1000-E, but more about that later. If you are looking for a power supply that has a little flash to show off in a windowed case with a fancy LED fan, cool modular cables or the like, this unit would not be it. Then again, it all comes down to taste. Like a good book, you should never judge it by the cover. Ultimately, how the power supply delivers power is the most important quality.
Here is a view of the fan side of the power supply. This is the side up that you would see in a BTX case. The power supply offers a nice clean basic look.
The back side of the PSU is relatively standard with hexagon mesh. You will note the status light to provide a visual indicator that the power supply is in a ready state. You will also notice that the power cable is vertical. Tagan claims the vertical AC socket is less likely to interfere with a system case.
Here is a look at the cable side of the power supply. You can see that all the cables are sleeved into the power supply. You will notice that there is no plastic ring protector around the opening. These are normally installed to insure that the power cables are not shorted out on the casing. A quick brush of the finger along the edge answers the question. The metal is thick and has been deburred and rounded. No chance of a cut on these edges.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series