The SSD market is on fire, burning faster than even the most optimistic analysts could have predicted. G.Skill has played a large role in the solid state transition with their above average products at below average costs. Not only that, but we are really starting to see SSDs become user friendly as far as capacity goes. Last year we were talking about 32GB SSDs and how the speed was very impressive, but the capacity left room for doubt. Here we are a year later and we are already seeing close to a 10x increase in capacity for drives costing the same as the 32GB drives last year.
In G.Skill's latest SSD, capacity will have to just be a footnote in the overall scheme of things. The real story sits with the technology and what the company was able to do with JMicron's somewhat problematic controller. In essence, G.Skill was able to use two JMicron controllers with two separate banks of memory that work in tandem to reduce or eliminate the issues associated with writing multiple small files to the drive. I have seen the term RAID used a few times in other reviews and while the concept seems similar, it is not the case.
Today we are going to take a deep look at the new G.Skill TITAN FM-25S2S-256GBT1 drive with dual JMicron controllers working together to give you 256GB of storage capacity and at a claimed maximum of 200 MB/s read, 160 MB/s write. Let's dive right in.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis