Paragon Software Group, a leading multi-platform software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, announces the release of the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English iOS app, developed by Oxford University Press, the world's authority on the English language.
The app shows students the most frequently used word combinations (in both British and American English). Developing a better awareness of how words work together improves students' accuracy and helps them produce more natural sounding English - enabling students to express their ideas convincingly and naturally.
The app is a great tool for improving students' writing - it is highly recommended for students preparing for exams or studying other subjects in English which require writing in English.
The key features of the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English app
- 250,000 word combinations, 9000 nouns, verb and adjective collocations.
- 75,000 examples showing how collocations are used.
- 25 usage notes on collocations shared by words such as seasons, currencies, and language.
- 17 topic lists - grouping words in useful subject groups, such as business, clothes and food - which students can edit.
- Students can create and edit their own word lists.
- Unfamiliar with a word? Tap any word in the dictionary for a pop-up definition and pronunciation by real British and American voices.
Watch the app on YouTube
Watch the video demonstration of the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English app:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id993170499 Available for £21.99 GBP (28,99 €).
Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software