Nokia today announced that it is changing its stock symbol (trading code) on Nasdaq Helsinki to NOKIA, effective at the start of trading on Monday, August 10, 2015. The previous stock symbol for Nokia's shares on Nasdaq Helsinki was NOK1V. Nokia will also change its trading code for its New Shares 2015 from NOK1VM0115 to NOKIAM0115 on Nasdaq Helsinki's INET trading system. Nokia's American Depository Shares will continue to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol NOK.
This stock symbol change recognizes Nokia's 150th anniversary in 2015. After trading on the Helsinki Stock Exchange for 100 years, we are pleased to change the stock symbol to NOKIA as we celebrate our remarkable history and continue to transform the company to realize the potential of the Programmable World.
The Nokia of today is the result of two major transformations carried out in recent years: the purchase of Siemens' share of what was then Nokia Siemens Networks in 2013, followed by the sale of substantially all of the Devices & Services business to Microsoft in 2014.
What has emerged is a strong, global technology company focused on a world where almost all people and billions of devices - 50 billion or more by 2025 - are connected. It is from this foundation of strength that Nokia has taken the next steps in its transformation process. On April 15, 2015, Nokia announced the proposed combination with Alcatel-Lucent to create an innovation leader in next generation technology and services for an IP connected world. This was followed by Nokia's announcement on August 3, 2015, of the proposed sale of its HERE business to an automotive industry consortium. Going forward, Nokia will focus on completing the planned combination with Alcatel-Lucent and developing its industry-leading Networks business and licensing and innovation engine Nokia Technologies.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99