Hamburg/Montreal, 08 July 2015 - ESWC Montreal kicks off this weekend with German peripheral manufacturer ROCCAT as one of the head sponsors. The event will see the world's best Counter-Strike teams do battle for a 75,000USD prize pool in a live tournament, which will take place in the Société des Arts Technologiques, July 9 - 12. Millions of eSports enthusiasts will follow via live stream around the globe, when teams from all over the world meet in Canada for the first time to fight for a tournament win.
Markus Frey, head of marketing at ROCCAT, comments: "We are happy to be part of the first ESWC event in Canada. Live events like this have such a positive impact on the local eSports scene, while at the same time reaching a global audience via live stream and social media coverage. The ESWC shares our passion for competitive gaming, making them the perfect partner. Together we feel we can continue to grow the eSports scene both in Canada and around the globe."
The ESWC in Montreal also features a dedicated women's tournament. Whether you are an eSports veteran or new to the scene, several Twitch streams in different languages bring you all the live action as well as background information about the teams and matchups.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse