Hamburg/Montreal, 08 July 2015 - ESWC Montreal kicks off this weekend with German peripheral manufacturer ROCCAT as one of the head sponsors. The event will see the world's best Counter-Strike teams do battle for a 75,000USD prize pool in a live tournament, which will take place in the Société des Arts Technologiques, July 9 - 12. Millions of eSports enthusiasts will follow via live stream around the globe, when teams from all over the world meet in Canada for the first time to fight for a tournament win.
Markus Frey, head of marketing at ROCCAT, comments: "We are happy to be part of the first ESWC event in Canada. Live events like this have such a positive impact on the local eSports scene, while at the same time reaching a global audience via live stream and social media coverage. The ESWC shares our passion for competitive gaming, making them the perfect partner. Together we feel we can continue to grow the eSports scene both in Canada and around the globe."
The ESWC in Montreal also features a dedicated women's tournament. Whether you are an eSports veteran or new to the scene, several Twitch streams in different languages bring you all the live action as well as background information about the teams and matchups.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup