Hamburg/Montreal, 08 July 2015 - ESWC Montreal kicks off this weekend with German peripheral manufacturer ROCCAT as one of the head sponsors. The event will see the world's best Counter-Strike teams do battle for a 75,000USD prize pool in a live tournament, which will take place in the Société des Arts Technologiques, July 9 - 12. Millions of eSports enthusiasts will follow via live stream around the globe, when teams from all over the world meet in Canada for the first time to fight for a tournament win.
Markus Frey, head of marketing at ROCCAT, comments: "We are happy to be part of the first ESWC event in Canada. Live events like this have such a positive impact on the local eSports scene, while at the same time reaching a global audience via live stream and social media coverage. The ESWC shares our passion for competitive gaming, making them the perfect partner. Together we feel we can continue to grow the eSports scene both in Canada and around the globe."
The ESWC in Montreal also features a dedicated women's tournament. Whether you are an eSports veteran or new to the scene, several Twitch streams in different languages bring you all the live action as well as background information about the teams and matchups.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications