Independent developer Flying Wild Hog (Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset) and rogue game publisher Devolver Digital (The Talos Principle, Hotline Miami) have announced Shadow Warrior 2, a striking follow-up to the global best-selling first-person shooter Shadow Warrior for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Shadow Warrior 2 marks the triumphant return of Lo Wang and his trademark use of blades, bullets, and a sharp tongue to strike down the demonic hordes - but this time he's not going at it alone.
"The incredible reception of Shadow Warrior from both longtime fans and gamers new to the series was overwhelming," said Michal Szustak, Studio Director at Flying Wild Hog. "Shadow Warrior 2 will expand on and improve every element that made the original so unique and strike a balance between classic FPS action and modern design."
Shadow Warrior 2 is the stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog's offbeat first-person shooter following the further misadventures of former corporate shogun Lo Wang. Now surviving as a reclusive mercenary on the edge of a corrupted world, the formidable warrior must again wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world. Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend.
"While the game is busting with stunning visuals and exquisite combat, it's the near constant barrage of Wang jokes that is going to move product," said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. "The kids love thinly veiled dick jokes. Love 'em."
Shadow Warrior 2 will be available to demo via appointment only at E3 2015 with the first look at gameplay debuting live on Twitch.TV Monday, June 15th at 12:30PM Pacific [twitch.tv/twitch]. Shadow Warrior 2 is set to launch on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016 or whenever Lo Wang damn well pleases. For news and information on development, follow @ShadowWarrior on Twitter or visit http://www.shadowwarrior.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand