Independent developer Flying Wild Hog (Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset) and rogue game publisher Devolver Digital (The Talos Principle, Hotline Miami) have announced Shadow Warrior 2, a striking follow-up to the global best-selling first-person shooter Shadow Warrior for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Shadow Warrior 2 marks the triumphant return of Lo Wang and his trademark use of blades, bullets, and a sharp tongue to strike down the demonic hordes - but this time he's not going at it alone.
"The incredible reception of Shadow Warrior from both longtime fans and gamers new to the series was overwhelming," said Michal Szustak, Studio Director at Flying Wild Hog. "Shadow Warrior 2 will expand on and improve every element that made the original so unique and strike a balance between classic FPS action and modern design."
Shadow Warrior 2 is the stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog's offbeat first-person shooter following the further misadventures of former corporate shogun Lo Wang. Now surviving as a reclusive mercenary on the edge of a corrupted world, the formidable warrior must again wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world. Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend.
"While the game is busting with stunning visuals and exquisite combat, it's the near constant barrage of Wang jokes that is going to move product," said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. "The kids love thinly veiled dick jokes. Love 'em."
Shadow Warrior 2 will be available to demo via appointment only at E3 2015 with the first look at gameplay debuting live on Twitch.TV Monday, June 15th at 12:30PM Pacific [twitch.tv/twitch]. Shadow Warrior 2 is set to launch on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016 or whenever Lo Wang damn well pleases. For news and information on development, follow @ShadowWarrior on Twitter or visit http://www.shadowwarrior.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives