TomTom (TOM2) today announces the availability of Highly Automated Driving (HAD) map content in the metro Detroit area. Car makers and HAD-related companies can now use TomTom's high-definition maps for precise vehicle positioning, enabling future self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors.
"By making high-definition map content readily available, we can make HAD a reality faster, enabling further innovation in Detroit, the heart of the North American automotive industry," said Alain De Taeye, Member of the TomTom Management Board. "Intense demand for high-definition maps is fueled by automated driving as a new growth driver. As an independent supplier with one of the world's most sophisticated mapping platform, we are in a unique position to provide highly precise map content for all members of the HAD ecosystem."
TomTom continues to pioneer leading technologies that will allow the emergence of automated cars. At CES 2015, the Audi A7 piloted driving concept 'Jack', featuring TomTom HAD prototype maps successfully completed the long-distance test drive, over 560 miles from San Francisco to Las Vegas.
At TU-Automotive Detroit, on June 4th at 9.30 am EST, Alain De Taeye will unveil more details during his keynote 'Real-Time Maps Transform the Location Experience'. The HAD map, covering the stretch of road network between Farmington Hills and Ann Arbor, including I-696, 96, and 275, US-23 and M-14, will be available in June.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni