TomTom (TOM2) today announces the availability of Highly Automated Driving (HAD) map content in the metro Detroit area. Car makers and HAD-related companies can now use TomTom's high-definition maps for precise vehicle positioning, enabling future self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors.
"By making high-definition map content readily available, we can make HAD a reality faster, enabling further innovation in Detroit, the heart of the North American automotive industry," said Alain De Taeye, Member of the TomTom Management Board. "Intense demand for high-definition maps is fueled by automated driving as a new growth driver. As an independent supplier with one of the world's most sophisticated mapping platform, we are in a unique position to provide highly precise map content for all members of the HAD ecosystem."
TomTom continues to pioneer leading technologies that will allow the emergence of automated cars. At CES 2015, the Audi A7 piloted driving concept 'Jack', featuring TomTom HAD prototype maps successfully completed the long-distance test drive, over 560 miles from San Francisco to Las Vegas.
At TU-Automotive Detroit, on June 4th at 9.30 am EST, Alain De Taeye will unveil more details during his keynote 'Real-Time Maps Transform the Location Experience'. The HAD map, covering the stretch of road network between Farmington Hills and Ann Arbor, including I-696, 96, and 275, US-23 and M-14, will be available in June.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards