ESL, the world's largest esports company, will once again partner with Twitch, the leading social video platform and community for gamers, and ReedPOP, the organizers of the New York Super Week, for the East Coast's largest esports event. Taking place at the legendary Madison Square Garden Theater, ESL One at New York Super Week will feature eight of the world's best Dota 2 teams battle for over US$250,000 in prize money on October 3-4.
As part of last year's inaugural New York Super Week, ESL One made its East Coast debut in the prestigious Theater at Madison Square Garden. The epic event featured a number of memorable esports moments that engaged those who attended and the more than two million people who tuned into ESL's Twitch channel. Once again, all games will be broadcast on Twitch, with joinDOTA to provide on-air talent for the show. This year's event will offer attendees unparalleled access to professional players, including autograph sessions, exclusive strategy sessions and opportunities to play with some of the best gamers in the world.
"Bringing esports to the iconic Madison Square Garden last year was a dream come true, and our incredible fans have inspired us to make it a tradition," said Ulrich Schulze, Managing Director of Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're dedicated to making this event even more legendary, as we continue to tap into the $1 million prize pool we set aside for ESL One Dota 2 competition."
"Esports have reached the point where stadium events are the norm, not the exception, while millions of remote spectators want to follow the action live on Twitch," said Kevin Lin, COO, Twitch. "By continuing to partner with ESL and ReedPOP for events like ESL One at Madison Square Garden, it ensures our global audience gets the premium content they crave from the fastest growing sport."
The week-long New York Super Week will showcase a variety of concerts, comedy shows, gaming events, lectures, podcasts, storytelling, food tasting and more, with ESL One to act as a cornerstone of the festival. New York Super Week is capped off with New York Comic Con - the crown jewel of fan events on the East Coast.
"Last year's ESL One event was one of the biggest highlights of our inaugural New York Super Week and we couldn't be happier to bring it back to fans in year two," said Lance Fensterman, Global Senior Vice President of ReedPOP. "It's the perfect lead in to New York Comic Con and continues our mission to ignite fandoms of all kinds and celebrate the passion that lives in all of us."
For those unable to make it to the event in New York, the finals will be broadcast live on Twitch and live in movie theaters worldwide as part of the global ESPORTS IN CINEMAS project. Led by ESL and BY Experience, the global leader of live cinema events, and acclaimed documentary filmmaker Patrick Creadon, the event series is set to bring esports to silver screens around the world, expanding the reach and audience of the esports industry. ESL One at New York Super Week is the second in the ESL One event series to be broadcast in movie theaters, with more to come as further events are announced.
For more information regarding ESL One at New York Super Week, visit the official website or follow @ESL on Twitter. Tickets range from US$59 for day passes to US$269 for Premium tickets. Pre-sale Tickets for last years' attendees will be from June 5 at 12:00 PM EDT until June 7. Starting June 8, Tickets will be available to the general public and Tickets can be purchased on the ESL One ticket page.
Additional exciting details New York Super Week events, talent and sponsors will be announced in the coming weeks. For more information, please visit NewYorkSuperWeek.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017