ESL, the world's largest esports company, will once again partner with Twitch, the leading social video platform and community for gamers, and ReedPOP, the organizers of the New York Super Week, for the East Coast's largest esports event. Taking place at the legendary Madison Square Garden Theater, ESL One at New York Super Week will feature eight of the world's best Dota 2 teams battle for over US$250,000 in prize money on October 3-4.
As part of last year's inaugural New York Super Week, ESL One made its East Coast debut in the prestigious Theater at Madison Square Garden. The epic event featured a number of memorable esports moments that engaged those who attended and the more than two million people who tuned into ESL's Twitch channel. Once again, all games will be broadcast on Twitch, with joinDOTA to provide on-air talent for the show. This year's event will offer attendees unparalleled access to professional players, including autograph sessions, exclusive strategy sessions and opportunities to play with some of the best gamers in the world.
"Bringing esports to the iconic Madison Square Garden last year was a dream come true, and our incredible fans have inspired us to make it a tradition," said Ulrich Schulze, Managing Director of Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're dedicated to making this event even more legendary, as we continue to tap into the $1 million prize pool we set aside for ESL One Dota 2 competition."
"Esports have reached the point where stadium events are the norm, not the exception, while millions of remote spectators want to follow the action live on Twitch," said Kevin Lin, COO, Twitch. "By continuing to partner with ESL and ReedPOP for events like ESL One at Madison Square Garden, it ensures our global audience gets the premium content they crave from the fastest growing sport."
The week-long New York Super Week will showcase a variety of concerts, comedy shows, gaming events, lectures, podcasts, storytelling, food tasting and more, with ESL One to act as a cornerstone of the festival. New York Super Week is capped off with New York Comic Con - the crown jewel of fan events on the East Coast.
"Last year's ESL One event was one of the biggest highlights of our inaugural New York Super Week and we couldn't be happier to bring it back to fans in year two," said Lance Fensterman, Global Senior Vice President of ReedPOP. "It's the perfect lead in to New York Comic Con and continues our mission to ignite fandoms of all kinds and celebrate the passion that lives in all of us."
For those unable to make it to the event in New York, the finals will be broadcast live on Twitch and live in movie theaters worldwide as part of the global ESPORTS IN CINEMAS project. Led by ESL and BY Experience, the global leader of live cinema events, and acclaimed documentary filmmaker Patrick Creadon, the event series is set to bring esports to silver screens around the world, expanding the reach and audience of the esports industry. ESL One at New York Super Week is the second in the ESL One event series to be broadcast in movie theaters, with more to come as further events are announced.
For more information regarding ESL One at New York Super Week, visit the official website or follow @ESL on Twitter. Tickets range from US$59 for day passes to US$269 for Premium tickets. Pre-sale Tickets for last years' attendees will be from June 5 at 12:00 PM EDT until June 7. Starting June 8, Tickets will be available to the general public and Tickets can be purchased on the ESL One ticket page.
Additional exciting details New York Super Week events, talent and sponsors will be announced in the coming weeks. For more information, please visit NewYorkSuperWeek.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni