Bountye, Australia's next social media shopping addiction, has now launched to marry old with new to re-create community commerce for our booming second hand economy.
Available for free in the Apple App store, Bountye is a mobile marketplace for people to buy and sell anything, but also experience deeper and more meaningful interactions with each other during the process. Bountye connects users with people in their neighbourhoods, or who share their interest via a simple, compelling and beautiful interface.
Millions of users are already using Facebook Buy Sell Swap Groups, and other niche players to buy and sell pre-owned or speciality goods however existing platforms are clunky, don't leverage technology, don't consolidate social commerce, payments, or facilitate the goods exchange in a convenient way.
Bountye changes the way we buy and sell second hand goods with an easy-to-use mobile-based, group-oriented marketplace that seamlessly integrates with leading social platforms.
Set up by former eBay Director, Asim Brown, Bountye brings back the personal touch experienced through consumer-to-consumer (C2C) or peer-to-peer selling.
"Commerce has always been at the heart of communities but it was only the medium with which we exchanged goods that continues to evolve. I felt that one of the key drivers to peer-to-peer selling was the connections we make. This was in direct contrast to anonymity that prevails in the B2C world. Bountye brings back the personal touch, while helping people find unique items. It also helps people declutter and make money from their unused goods at home."
Using Bountye, users can:
List and sell their items
- List items in under a minute with simplified listings and photo uploads.
- Choose to make items available to everyone on Bountye, or just members of a specific group.
- Share listings easily with friends and connections on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Chat safely with interested buyers via easy-to-use, in-app messaging.
- Get paid securely - all transactions are processed automatically within Bountye which is also one of the first in Australia to use escrow, in order to protect both buyers and sellers.
Discover and buy items
In-app personalised, daily feed based on likes, locations, friends and groups.
Browse or search for specific items across categories including fashion and jewellery, electronics, furniture, cars and motorbikes, home and garden, kids and baby, and more.
Chat safely with sellers via easy-to-use, in-app messaging.
Comment on photos of items, make offers and securely pay for purchases straight from the app.
Choose local pickup or a delivery option for purchased items.
Follow friends and join groups
- Follow friends, people they know or their favourite sellers. All users have verified profiles complete with real names, photos and ratings for both buyers and sellers.
- Join private or public groups based on special interests or local and social communities.
- Create and manage their own group to enable their own community to buy, sell and connect with like-minded people. So for instance, if people collected rare printed George Orwell books, they might join an invite only group of others who collected books and know the value.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date reveal won't happen in 2017
- New 'Planet of the Apes' trailer promises 'War'
- Destiny 2's 'dramatic and compelling' storyline revealed
- They did it! SpaceX launches and lands re-used rocket
- Joss Whedon's 'Batgirl' set to enter DC film universe
- No audio from monitor when using capture device
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software