BearGames is looking for team members to join them in creating some really cool and exciting games. For junior developers working in a student studio is a great way to broaden your games industry network, have some fun and create content for a portfolio.
There are three team members in BearGames, the team are looking to expand to produce more work and complete their games. The team are currently working on a strategy spaceship game and have some huge plans for the future. In Particular BearGames is looking for team members with skills in: Development, Artistry/Animation and Music.
We spoke with team leader, Daniel Bartlett, 18, from Trowbridge, Wiltshire, to find out more about his journey in games, experiences so far on Train2Game, the studio and the games they are working on.
"I realised I wanted to study game design when I would be sat in class or in my room thinking of ideas for games. And when I played games I would always be thinking 'how could this game be better?'"
"Then one day searching through the internet to see how easy it was to become a games designer, I came across the Train2Game website. I liked what I saw so applied. A month later I had a phone call saying someone will be round to make sure this is what and then I started."
"Studying Games Design at Train2Game is great because I study when I want and at my own pace. But when I get to a point I get stuck on, other students help me more than the tutor team does!"
"My team is called BearGames. We are currently made up of three people: me as the Games Designer, Finance, Marketing and Leader. Macaulay Tennant as the developer who I met on the 2014 fun day on Minecraft, Fabio Rodrigues as artist and animator who I recruited from the Train2Game FB page."
"Both of them are great people and we are all great friends that can have a laugh and play games together. We are currently looking for another Developer and Artist/Animator to help on the work load and most importantly we need someone who is good at sounds and music."
"We are currently working on a command your own spaceship fleet to defeat the aliens. It will include a campaign and various multiplayer modes so you can work in a team or on your own to complete different objectives. We don't have a name for it yet but we do have most of the art work completed."
"It is a combat strategy game, players will use a different strategy for each level that you will decide from either a pre-set group or one that the you created yourself. While shooting at the aliens who's strategy will be constantly changing throughout each level."
"For the success of our game we want to build a fan base that can help us fundraise for our next bigger game. We want to work with another studio to include voice activation in our games to make them more fun and interactive for the player."
"We already have our next game planned and will be a much bigger project. Our long team goal is to become a well-known game studio that creates games we want and to make, games the community wants by using the ideas they have and putting some ideas together, then making games for You Tubers and other famous people in the games world."
"My personal dream is to become the leader of a big games studio based in the UK that creates games for the community and to give a percentage of our profits to charity."
Train2Game, bringing City & Guilds to the Games Industry
Train2Game is a proud supporter of http://www.plasisgamesportal.com
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives