Other World Computing (OWC®) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac upgrade and storage technology company, announced today the immediate availability of the OWC Memory Upgrade Kits with up to 32GB for the new configuration of the Apple iMac 27" with Retina 5K display.
The new iMac configuration comes with a 3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of memory, a 1TB hard drive and a 5K Retina display, for a price of $1,999.00. OWC offers memory upgrade kits of 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB, which offer savings up to $300 over comparable factory options. Like all OWC memory upgrade kits, a 'how-to' install video and OWC lifetime limited warranty are included.
One of the Easiest Upgrades for Your iMac
Just like the original iMac model, a memory access panel on the rear of the newly announced iMac ejects via a simple push button located above the power input. Adding more memory is fast and simply involves installing new modules into the memory slots and reinstalling the access panel. Mac performance experts recommend selecting the least amount of factory installed RAM when ordering any iMac, taking advantage of significant cost savings by choosing OWC memory.
Savings up to $300 Compared to Factory Upgrade
New iMac owners seeking to max-out their RAM can select the 32GB OWC memory upgrade from OWC and save $300 compared to the 32GB factory cost of $600. For even more savings, iMac with Retina 5K display owners can trade-in the two factory base 4GB memory modules.
OWC Memory Upgrade Options for Latest 2015 27" iMac:
- 8GB (2 x 4GB) PC3-12800 1600 MHz Upgrade Kit with Lifetime Limited Warranty. $74.99
- Doubles the standard memory to 16GB for only $74.99, 62.5% savings vs. factory
- 16GB (2 x 8GB) PC3-12800 DDR3L 1600MHz Upgrade Kit with Lifetime Limited Warranty. $154.99
- Triples the standard memory to 24GB for only $154.99 for 22.5% less vs. factory 16GB
- 32GB (4 x 8GB) PC3-12800 DDR3L 1600MHz Upgrade Kit with Lifetime Limited Warranty. $299.99
- Offers 50% savings vs. factory installed 32GB option for the maximum installed memory.
See the right memory options available for all Apple iMac models on OWC's iMac Guide.
OWC - The Trusted Name in Mac Memory
OWC memory upgrades are available for nearly every current and past Apple notebook and desktop computer manufactured during the past two decades, including Mac Pro Xeon, iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Power Mac, Xserve, iBook, and PowerBook computers. By maintaining an active state-of-the-art test lab, OWC ensures its memory upgrades offer the highest product quality and reliability, backing them with an OWC Lifetime Advance Replacement Program and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
The full line of OWC Memory Upgrades for Apple Mac desktop, towers, and laptops, as well as an easy to use, point and click compatibility guide for the correct upgrades for each specific Apple model, can be found online at: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple/memory/.
Storage Upgrade Options Extend to 8TB
Apple iMac owners can also upgrade their iMac to 8.0TB of storage with an OWC iMac drive upgrade kit, which maintain correct system fan control with the OWC in-line digital thermal sensor. OWC hard drive upgrade kits include the OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor, which works though the iMac's System Management Controller to reduce fan noise and maintain proper system fan control and are currently offered for all iMac models from 2009 to current.
The OWC Trust Advantage®
- Over 25 years of product design and innovation
- OWC tested for compatibility, speed, and reliability
- Comprehensive step-by-step installation and support videos
- 24/7 award-winning, U.S.-based technical support
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRAM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus