WD, a Western Digital company, and world leader in storage solutions, today introduced the My Passport X portable hard drive for gamers. When connected to Xbox One or a PC, the sleek 2 TB My Passport X drive provides much-needed storage capacity for gamers to store up to 50 extra game titles, eliminating the need to delete previously purchased games from their Xbox One or PC hard drives and removing those "storage full" warning messages while allowing players to get back to their games. In addition to added storage, gamers can use My Passport X to take saved games to use on friends' systems2 without having to download.
"Game file sizes are expanding to 36 GB per game and upwards, and are projected to continue growing," said Tony Tate, vice president and general manager of WD's Content Solutions unit. "Console gamers are able to store on average only 10 games on the 365 GB out of 500 GB that is available on the onboard hard drive. The My Passport X portable drive delivers a fast and easy way to expand capacity and enables an expanded library of games on the go."
The power of the USB 3.0 lets users access and save files on the My Passport X portable hard drive in blazing-fast speed without a separate power supply. The My Passport X portable drive's stylish and compact design is also built for durability and shock tolerance, as well as long-term reliability for peace of mind. In addition, the drive offers gamers no-sweat set-up - they just plug it in, follow the easy on-screen instructions and enjoy expanded storage for backing up, protecting and storing games and content in just minutes.
Pricing and Availability
My Passport X portable drive is available in the WD store at wdstore.com and at select retailers, including Amazon and Best Buy, and distributors in the United States only. My Passport X 2 TB drive has a Manufacturer's Suggest Retail Price (MSRP) of $139.99 and will offer a 1-year limited warranty.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni