Silicon Power, the world's leading provider of memory storage solutions, today launches the ultra-rugged USB 3.0 portable hard drive for Mac users Armor A65M. Maximizing the shockproof and waterproof specifications of the Armor Series, the Armor A65M is specifically designed for Mac users with all-inclusive safety shields fighting against various threats that may occur during daily operations, and it also complies with the U.S. military-grade drop test and the IP67 standard.
The Armor A65M pioneers data protection measures with its exclusive cup-shaped design for optimizing its waterproof and dustproof functions, which makes the Armor A65M the first portable hard drive that meets the IP67 standard in the industry. In addition, the Armor A65M is especially rigid with its three-layer construction including two layers of rubber and one unibody frame in the middle, altogether promising great protection to withstand drops and shocks. Incorporating complete inside-out protection, the Armor A65M is guaranteed to keep your data safe under all sorts of conditions and is ideal for Mac users on the go. Furthermore, the Armor A65M enables easy plug-and-play use for it is already formatted in HFS+ format and supports Time Machine.
Full Data Protection for Mac Shockproof, Waterproof and Dustproof
High protection makes true portability. For users who value the importance of mobility, ensuring data safety during transport is the top priority. Mac users, including multimedia professionals and businessmen, are the ones who put great emphasis on mobility and data safety due to their need to process large videos, graphics editing or to travel around for business or research. To thoroughly meet the Mac users' needs for safe data storage, the Armor A65M is specially designed with multiple layers of protection to be shockproof, waterproof and dustproof. Compliant with the MIL-STD-810G 516.6 Procedure IV (transit drop test), the Armor A65M is armed with a strong three-layer exterior protection, sturdy rubber casing and an internal suspension system to enable the perfect buffer effect for any and all physical impacts that allows complete protection against crushes or accidental drops. Moreover, the unibody structure reduces fracture points to effectively prevent the drive from breaking apart and further assure higher durability and reliability. In addition to its incredible shockproof function, the Armor A65M, with its innovative cup-shaped design, is also waterproof and dustproof and meets the IP67 standard by which it can completely protect against dust penetration and survive water immersion at depths of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Furthermore, the Armor A65M also takes speed into consideration to make the drive even more powerful. Introducing the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, the Armor A65M can perform at blazing-fast data transfer speed to fulfill Mac users' different application requirements for video/graphic editing and large backups.
A Palm-sized Vault with Onboard Cable-carry Design
The Armor A65M features a delicate cable-carry design, by which the cable can be easily tucked in and fixed on the back of the drive. The intelligent design greatly reduces its size and makes it easier to be carried around. With its small size and the smart cable storage, the Armor A65M is ideally designed so users can transport their drive everywhere with ease. What's more, the rubber enclosure and the special surface texture not only allow anti-slip function but also keep the drive fingerprint and scratch free. Inspired by the flowing lines of a luxury yacht, the Armor A65M is given a trendy look with the streamlined hull shape, which delivers an exceptional taste that perfectly matches the elegant design of MacBook. Furthermore, the Armor A65M is equipped with a built-in LED indicator to let you know the operating status. To meet different storage needs, the Armor A65M offers three capacity options of 500GB, 1TB and 2TB allowing users to store hundreds of audio files, classic movies, photos and important research data. The Armor A65M is backed by a 3-year warranty and comes with the exclusive free software download-SP Widget for Mac, which provides backup and security tools.
- Easy plug-and-play use for Mac, supporting HFS+ and Time Machine
- Compliant with the U.S. military drop-test standards MIL-STD 810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV (transit drop test), a freefall test (122cm) on 26 contact points
- Industry's-first to meet IP67 dustproof/waterproof standards
- Advanced internal hard drive suspension system
- Delicate cable-carry design
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Intelligent LED indicator
- SP Widget free download Mac software, providing back-up and security functions
- Dimensions 143.4 x 86.7 x 20.7 mm
- Weight 242~277g (by capacity)
- Capacity 500GG, 1TB, 2TB
- Material Rubber/ Plastic
- Color Grey
- Interface USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 compatible
- Data transfer rates Max. 5 Gbps (USB 3.0 Mode); Max. 480 Mbps (USB 2.0 Mode)
- Power supply DC5V (Power supplied through USB)
- Supported operating systems Mac OS 10.5 or later
- Operating temperature 5 ~ 55 degree C
- Storage temperature -40 ~ 70 degree C
- Warranty 3 years
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications