TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the AC3200 Tri Band Wireless Router, model TEW-828DRU, a next generation Wi-Fi router featuring three concurrent wireless networks -- two separate ultra-performance 1,300 Mbps Wi-Fi AC networks and a 600 Mbps Wi-Fi N network.
The average North American home has almost 10 Wi-Fi-networked devices. Globally, there are currently 16 billion Wi-Fi devices connected to the internet and that number is projected to more than double by 2020. TRENDnet's TEW-828DRU is designed to effortlessly and intelligently manage the tremendous growth of Wi-Fi devices in the home.
SmartConnect technology virtually combines the router's two separate 1,300 Mbps Wi-Fi AC bands, so that only one Wi-Fi AC network is visible, while managing each band individually. Slower Wi-Fi AC devices are grouped together and assigned to the lower performing Wi-Fi AC band and faster Wi-Fi AC devices are moved to the highest performing Wi-Fi AC band--thereby optimizing the Wi-Fi speeds of each connected device. Networking throughput is further bolstered by an extreme performance 1 GHz dual-core processor and by Broadcom's second generation 5G Wi-Fi XStream platform.
The TEW-828DRU sports six high performance external antennas, all Gigabit network ports, and USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 share ports. Six high-end Wi-Fi amplifiers maximize Wi-Fi signal output and targeted Beamforming technology increases real-time performance by directing stronger wireless signals to each connected device's specific location.
For added protection, the router's Wi-Fi bands are pre-encrypted with their own unique eight character password. Thereby, eliminating the common hack of accessing a router using a common default password (such as 'admin'). Furthermore, users can create guest networks which only allow internet access.
"With so many Wi-Fi devices in today's home and a more than doubling of Wi-Fi devices by 2020," stated Zak Wood, global marketing director of TRENDnet. "TRENDnet's TEW-828DRU offers plenty of Wi-Fi horse power and SmartConnect technology automatically migrates fast Wi-Fi AC devices to the highest performing Wi-Fi AC band."
TEW-828DRU AC3200 Tri Band Wireless Router
- Three concurrent Wi-Fi bands maximize device networking speeds
- AC3200: 1300 Mbps AC1 + 1300 Mbps AC2 + 600 Mbps N bands
- SmartConnect automatically groups slower and faster AC devices to separate Wi-Fi AC bands
- Pre-encrypted Wi-Fi for your convenience
- All Gigabit wired ports
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 share ports
- Extreme performance 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Create isolated guest networks
- TEW-828DRU Warranty: 3 year limited
- TEW-828DRU Availability: Available from retailers and other TRENDnet partners this February 2015
- TEW-828DRU MSRP: USD 279.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4