Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that it will launch the PlayStation® business in the People's Republic of China on January 11, 2015, with the release of PlayStation®4 (PS4�) (CUH-1000 series) for 2,899 RMB and PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) (PCH-2000 series) for 1,299 RMB.
Along with the release of PS4 and PS Vita, SCE will offer a robust after-sales service to ensure Chinese users have a smooth and positive experience on PlayStation.
"PS4 is expanding at the fastest rate in PlayStation hardware history, and the global gaming community is enjoying the ultimate entertainment experience only available on PlayStation," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are delighted that we are able to fully launch our business in China, which is a market with great potential. We look forward to delivering exciting software, convenient services and entertainment experiences only possible on PlayStation to the many gamers in China."
Along with SCE Worldwide Studios, more than 70 third party software developers and publishers are planned to deliver a steady stream of software titles to gamers in China. Additionally, a variety of exciting titles such as King of Wushu ( Suzhou Snail Digital Technology CO., Ltd), Mr. Pumpkin Adventure ( Shanghai Youju Information Technology Co., Ltd) and One Tap Hero ( Shanghai Kena Information Technology Co., Ltd) created by Chinese game developers will be available on PlayStation.
Furthermore, in cooperation with Modian.com and business partner Shanghai Oriental Pearl SUOLE Culture Development Ltd., SCE will actively provide support to Chinese game developers to bring their content to PlayStation platforms.
SCE will continue to further expand the PlayStation platform to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017