Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that it will launch the PlayStation® business in the People's Republic of China on January 11, 2015, with the release of PlayStation®4 (PS4�) (CUH-1000 series) for 2,899 RMB and PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) (PCH-2000 series) for 1,299 RMB.
Along with the release of PS4 and PS Vita, SCE will offer a robust after-sales service to ensure Chinese users have a smooth and positive experience on PlayStation.
"PS4 is expanding at the fastest rate in PlayStation hardware history, and the global gaming community is enjoying the ultimate entertainment experience only available on PlayStation," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are delighted that we are able to fully launch our business in China, which is a market with great potential. We look forward to delivering exciting software, convenient services and entertainment experiences only possible on PlayStation to the many gamers in China."
Along with SCE Worldwide Studios, more than 70 third party software developers and publishers are planned to deliver a steady stream of software titles to gamers in China. Additionally, a variety of exciting titles such as King of Wushu ( Suzhou Snail Digital Technology CO., Ltd), Mr. Pumpkin Adventure ( Shanghai Youju Information Technology Co., Ltd) and One Tap Hero ( Shanghai Kena Information Technology Co., Ltd) created by Chinese game developers will be available on PlayStation.
Furthermore, in cooperation with Modian.com and business partner Shanghai Oriental Pearl SUOLE Culture Development Ltd., SCE will actively provide support to Chinese game developers to bring their content to PlayStation platforms.
SCE will continue to further expand the PlayStation platform to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4