SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced three new mainstream models to its highly successful R-Series of video cards based on AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. The new SAPPHIRE R5 230 series includes three low profile PCI-Express video cards that require no additional power connector, making them ideal for entry-level systems or for upgrading existing PC systems and providing additional monitor support. Two basic models have 160 Stream processors and core clocks of 625MHz, and offer a choice of 1GB or 2GB of DDR3 memory to deliver excellent performance and great value. Outputs are Dual-link DVI, VGA and HDMI, supporting a choice of monitor types and the cards ship with optional backplates for use in standard or low-profile chassis.
The third model is the R5 230 FleX, which also has 160 Stream processors and 625MHz core clocks, but has 1GB of DDR3 memory with the enhanced clock speed of 800MHz (1600MHz effective). The FleX model adds the SAPPHIRE exclusive ability to support three DVI monitors in Eyefinity mode without the need for any active adapters and deliver a true SLS (Single Large Surface) work area. The first two monitors are connected to the two DVI outputs. A third DVI monitor can be connected to the HDMI output with the passive cable adapter supplied.
This card delivers the most cost-effective Eyefinity solution available for increased productivity in tasks such as editing multiple documents or business applications. It can also be used in multi-screen information display systems where three low cost monitors can be directly connected to each FleX card installed.
The SAPPHIRE R5 230 family all have an on-board hardware UVD (Unified Video decoder), considerably reducing CPU load and delivering smooth decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as Mpeg files. The UVD can decode two 1080p HD video streams simultaneously and display HD video in high quality with Windows Aero mode enabled. The R5 230 has HDMI 1.4a with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio including support for Stereoscopic 3D output. Support for AMD APP Acceleration means that the latest Office applications and internet browsers are accelerated by Stream processing on the video card.
The SAPPHIRE R5 230 family is supported by AMD's WHQL certified graphics driver which delivers support for all of the key DirectX 11 level features required for the latest operating systems and acceleration of the latest generation of high performance applications.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20