Mushkin, Inc., an industry-leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance and mission-critical computer products, has introduced the new Atom USB 3.0 flash drive.
The Atom USB 3.0 flash drive emphasizes its convenience with an extremely small form-factor -- just under the size of a quarter. Taking advantage of its small stature, the Atom retains USB 3.0 extreme performance while exercising low power consumption. The Atom USB 3.0 flash drive is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1. The 8 GB model offers 80 MB/s read, 5.5 MB/s write, and consumes 0.65W while idle, or 0.905W at load. The 16 GB flash drive enables 155 MB/s read and 11.5 MB/s write on 0.25W idle and 0.67W load. The 32 GB model reads at 155 MB/s with 21.5 MB/s write, and low power consumption of 0.2475W when idle and 0.75W under load.
The miniature size of the Atom USB 3.0 flash drive enables users to leave the flash drive into the USB port while working on-the-go without obstruction. Beyond its primary role as a USB flash drive for external storage, the Atom offers inherent versatility for tablet and slim notebook users to plug-in and leave as secondary device storage with its low power usage.
"The Atom USB flash drive is designed with ultimate portability and convenience in mind. Having such a small and accommodating size eliminates the need to eject the flash drive and risk losing it when mobile," said Brian Flood, the Director of Product Management at Mushkin, Inc. "For our users who regularly use slimmer, portable devices such as tablets, the Atom is a definite solution when you need extra storage on a daily basis."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand