Western Digital Corp. today announced that chief financial officer Wolfgang Nickl is resigning effective Nov. 17, 2013 to become chief financial officer at ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) in the Netherlands. Nickl has served as Western Digital's chief financial officer since August 2010. Prior to that time, Nickl served in other positions within the company's finance and operations groups. Nickl will continue to direct WDC's worldwide finance activities until his departure date.
In joining ASML, Nickl will be returning with his family to his native Europe. The company is in the process of conducting a search for a new chief financial officer.
"We are grateful to Wolfgang for his nearly 18 years of service to Western Digital," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer of Western Digital. "He has been an outstanding leader both inside and outside the company and we wish him the very best."
"I am grateful for the learning, experience and relationships I have enjoyed in 18 wonderful years at Western Digital," said Nickl. "I look forward to seeing the company continue to grow and successfully execute on the long-term strategy we have put in place."
Latest News Posts
- Full 'Jurassic World' trailer delivers the dino goods
- Cryptzone: Insider threats still pose biggest threat to companies
- Last Chance To Save 46% On The Camera-Equipped Micro Drone 2.0
- Humanoid robot deployed in Tokyo department store to help shoppers
- Expert: Cyberattacks on nuclear power plants could be next 9/11
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- New CPU Cooler
- New Build with Haswell-E
- AM1B-ITX No Power
- ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance LGA 1150, please insert 4-pin molex on boot?
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop