Western Digital Corp. today announced that chief financial officer Wolfgang Nickl is resigning effective Nov. 17, 2013 to become chief financial officer at ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) in the Netherlands. Nickl has served as Western Digital's chief financial officer since August 2010. Prior to that time, Nickl served in other positions within the company's finance and operations groups. Nickl will continue to direct WDC's worldwide finance activities until his departure date.
In joining ASML, Nickl will be returning with his family to his native Europe. The company is in the process of conducting a search for a new chief financial officer.
"We are grateful to Wolfgang for his nearly 18 years of service to Western Digital," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer of Western Digital. "He has been an outstanding leader both inside and outside the company and we wish him the very best."
"I am grateful for the learning, experience and relationships I have enjoyed in 18 wonderful years at Western Digital," said Nickl. "I look forward to seeing the company continue to grow and successfully execute on the long-term strategy we have put in place."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club