Western Digital Corp. today announced that chief financial officer Wolfgang Nickl is resigning effective Nov. 17, 2013 to become chief financial officer at ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) in the Netherlands. Nickl has served as Western Digital's chief financial officer since August 2010. Prior to that time, Nickl served in other positions within the company's finance and operations groups. Nickl will continue to direct WDC's worldwide finance activities until his departure date.
In joining ASML, Nickl will be returning with his family to his native Europe. The company is in the process of conducting a search for a new chief financial officer.
"We are grateful to Wolfgang for his nearly 18 years of service to Western Digital," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer of Western Digital. "He has been an outstanding leader both inside and outside the company and we wish him the very best."
"I am grateful for the learning, experience and relationships I have enjoyed in 18 wonderful years at Western Digital," said Nickl. "I look forward to seeing the company continue to grow and successfully execute on the long-term strategy we have put in place."
Latest News Posts
- Acer launches its first Windows 8.1 smartphone, the Liquid M220
- Acer leaps into wearable game with Liquid Leap+ and multi-OS support
- Acer's new Liquid Jade Z smartphone revealed at MWC 2015
- HTC surprises with a new VR headset 'Vive', partnering with Valve
- HTC goes for wearables with its new Grip, a smart fitness tracker
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Memory Tweaker
- Conroe 1333 DVI/H and Radeon R7 240
- Z87 vs. Z97
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop