Western Digital Corp. today announced that chief financial officer Wolfgang Nickl is resigning effective Nov. 17, 2013 to become chief financial officer at ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) in the Netherlands. Nickl has served as Western Digital's chief financial officer since August 2010. Prior to that time, Nickl served in other positions within the company's finance and operations groups. Nickl will continue to direct WDC's worldwide finance activities until his departure date.
In joining ASML, Nickl will be returning with his family to his native Europe. The company is in the process of conducting a search for a new chief financial officer.
"We are grateful to Wolfgang for his nearly 18 years of service to Western Digital," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer of Western Digital. "He has been an outstanding leader both inside and outside the company and we wish him the very best."
"I am grateful for the learning, experience and relationships I have enjoyed in 18 wonderful years at Western Digital," said Nickl. "I look forward to seeing the company continue to grow and successfully execute on the long-term strategy we have put in place."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyssey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99