Western Digital Corp. today announced that chief financial officer Wolfgang Nickl is resigning effective Nov. 17, 2013 to become chief financial officer at ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) in the Netherlands. Nickl has served as Western Digital's chief financial officer since August 2010. Prior to that time, Nickl served in other positions within the company's finance and operations groups. Nickl will continue to direct WDC's worldwide finance activities until his departure date.
In joining ASML, Nickl will be returning with his family to his native Europe. The company is in the process of conducting a search for a new chief financial officer.
"We are grateful to Wolfgang for his nearly 18 years of service to Western Digital," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer of Western Digital. "He has been an outstanding leader both inside and outside the company and we wish him the very best."
"I am grateful for the learning, experience and relationships I have enjoyed in 18 wonderful years at Western Digital," said Nickl. "I look forward to seeing the company continue to grow and successfully execute on the long-term strategy we have put in place."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- LG is investing billions of dollars into OLED production
- Sony is working on a Remote Play app for Windows and OS X
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader