Media Alert: ASUS shortlisted for 2009 Australian International Design Awards
ASUS has been selected from over 100 entries in the first round of assessments in the 2009 Australian International Design Awards.
Both products submitted for consideration - Eee PC S101 and Lamborghini VX3 - were chosen by design professionals from around the world who viewed the full list of entries online, 154 in total. In the next few weeks a panel of international judges will evaluate the Eee PC S101 netbook and Lamborghini VX3 notebook measuring such things as innovation, visual/emotional appeal, functionality, quality/manufacturing, human factors (ergonomics, semantics and safety) and environmental sustainability.
Presented by Standards Australia, the Australian International Design Awards is Australia's premier design recognition program, competing against international programs including Red Dot and iF.
And in Taiwan...
ASUS stand out winner in Taiwan Excellence Awards
ASUS has attained outstanding recognition in the 17th Taiwan Excellence Awards this year nabbing 53 awards - the most among all contestants. As the top award recipient for the fifth consecutive year, ASUS has been acknowledged for its commitment to developing world-class products and helping to generate a strong Taiwanese brand presence worldwide.
Furthermore, three ASUS products have been nominated for Gold and Silver awards including the recently released Eee PC S101, Bamboo Series notebook and the P552w PDA phone (not yet confirmed for Australian release).
Sponsored and presented by the Board of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), and carried out by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), the Taiwan Excellence Awards supports the effort to improve the international image of Taiwan's products. Selection is based on criteria including R&D/Innovation, Design Innovation, Quality Systems, Marketing, and Brand Awareness.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100", and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20