Media Alert: ASUS shortlisted for 2009 Australian International Design Awards
ASUS has been selected from over 100 entries in the first round of assessments in the 2009 Australian International Design Awards.
Both products submitted for consideration - Eee PC S101 and Lamborghini VX3 - were chosen by design professionals from around the world who viewed the full list of entries online, 154 in total. In the next few weeks a panel of international judges will evaluate the Eee PC S101 netbook and Lamborghini VX3 notebook measuring such things as innovation, visual/emotional appeal, functionality, quality/manufacturing, human factors (ergonomics, semantics and safety) and environmental sustainability.
Presented by Standards Australia, the Australian International Design Awards is Australia's premier design recognition program, competing against international programs including Red Dot and iF.
And in Taiwan...
ASUS stand out winner in Taiwan Excellence Awards
ASUS has attained outstanding recognition in the 17th Taiwan Excellence Awards this year nabbing 53 awards - the most among all contestants. As the top award recipient for the fifth consecutive year, ASUS has been acknowledged for its commitment to developing world-class products and helping to generate a strong Taiwanese brand presence worldwide.
Furthermore, three ASUS products have been nominated for Gold and Silver awards including the recently released Eee PC S101, Bamboo Series notebook and the P552w PDA phone (not yet confirmed for Australian release).
Sponsored and presented by the Board of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), and carried out by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), the Taiwan Excellence Awards supports the effort to improve the international image of Taiwan's products. Selection is based on criteria including R&D/Innovation, Design Innovation, Quality Systems, Marketing, and Brand Awareness.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100", and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair