HP today announced the powerful HP Chromebook14, the first Chromebook powered by an Intel processor based on the Haswell microarchitecture, offering fast access to the web to tackle tasks while on the go, a large display and optional 4G for enhanced connectivity -- in a range of eye-catching colors.
The HP Chromebook14 boasts a large display, providing the immersive web experience and superb visual enjoyment that customers desire. The sleek, compact design -- available in Snow White, Ocean Turquoise and Coral Peach -- will be ready for the holiday season.
"There are customers telling us they are interested in new operating systems and in particular Chromebooks," said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer PCs, Services and Solutions, HP. "We built the HP Chromebook to offer a great experience, choice and affordability, with a design that is truly unique."
HP Chromebook14 joins the HP SlateBook x2, the HP Slate7 and HP Slate21 All-in-One as part of HP's approach to offer the Google experience as part of a multiple operating system strategy.
Accessing digital life has never been easier
The HP Chromebook14 offers a fast and easy way for customers to connect to favorite websites in seconds. It also offers a gateway to the Google experience, including Google Chrome apps like Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive and Google+ Hangouts for smooth, immersive work and play.
Automatic software updates keep the browsing experience fast, fluid and current, while the HP Chromebook's 14-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) display delivers vivid color. The HP Chromebook14 also includes a 16 GB solid-state drive for fast start-up times. With the HDMI, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and a combination headphone and microphone jack, customers can easily and quickly connect to displays and other devices.
With no contracts or commitments, certain models of the HP Chromebook include up to 200 MB of free data per month for two years of fast 4G mobile broadband service on the T-Mobile network. This incredible value allows customers to enjoy internet access without having to search for Wi-Fi.
Customers can easily access their content from any internet-connected device -- while at home or on the go -- with 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years. Plus, users can visit the Chrome Web Store to customize their HP Chromebook14 by installing applications for work or play.
Pricing and availability
The HP Chromebook14 is expected to be available at hpshopping.com and select retailers in the United States before the holidays, starting at $299.99.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives