HP today announced the powerful HP Chromebook14, the first Chromebook powered by an Intel processor based on the Haswell microarchitecture, offering fast access to the web to tackle tasks while on the go, a large display and optional 4G for enhanced connectivity -- in a range of eye-catching colors.
The HP Chromebook14 boasts a large display, providing the immersive web experience and superb visual enjoyment that customers desire. The sleek, compact design -- available in Snow White, Ocean Turquoise and Coral Peach -- will be ready for the holiday season.
"There are customers telling us they are interested in new operating systems and in particular Chromebooks," said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer PCs, Services and Solutions, HP. "We built the HP Chromebook to offer a great experience, choice and affordability, with a design that is truly unique."
HP Chromebook14 joins the HP SlateBook x2, the HP Slate7 and HP Slate21 All-in-One as part of HP's approach to offer the Google experience as part of a multiple operating system strategy.
Accessing digital life has never been easier
The HP Chromebook14 offers a fast and easy way for customers to connect to favorite websites in seconds. It also offers a gateway to the Google experience, including Google Chrome apps like Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive and Google+ Hangouts for smooth, immersive work and play.
Automatic software updates keep the browsing experience fast, fluid and current, while the HP Chromebook's 14-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) display delivers vivid color. The HP Chromebook14 also includes a 16 GB solid-state drive for fast start-up times. With the HDMI, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and a combination headphone and microphone jack, customers can easily and quickly connect to displays and other devices.
With no contracts or commitments, certain models of the HP Chromebook include up to 200 MB of free data per month for two years of fast 4G mobile broadband service on the T-Mobile network. This incredible value allows customers to enjoy internet access without having to search for Wi-Fi.
Customers can easily access their content from any internet-connected device -- while at home or on the go -- with 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years. Plus, users can visit the Chrome Web Store to customize their HP Chromebook14 by installing applications for work or play.
Pricing and availability
The HP Chromebook14 is expected to be available at hpshopping.com and select retailers in the United States before the holidays, starting at $299.99.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo delays The Legend of Zelda on the Wii U into 2016
- James Bond's 'Spectre' teased in first trailer
- Slack rolling out two-factor authentication after data breach
- Hotels embracing RFID finding plenty of upside to tracking technology
- Rockstar Games makes us drool with more GTA 5 PC images in 4K
- 4k Gaming with GTX 690 - Do I need to upgrade now?
- D1800M not recognizing LSI PCIe RAID card
- Haswell-E imploded, or something like that...
- X99 Extreme4 even less memory availabe to 32-Bit OS after 1.80 BIOS
- Jenkins J10 Black Earphones Review - $3 can go a long way
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi