USB hubs can hog large swathes of your desktop real-estate, and clutter it will cables, before you even realize. SilverStone thinks it has an answer to that, a new 4-port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed hub with a magnetic surface, that lets you latch it onto a SECC case. The new EP01 USB 3.0 hub from SilverStone features a hexagonal shape, with four of its sides holding downstream ports, one holding the upstream type-B connector, and one with a DC input that lets it support USB charging specification 1.2, which lets the hub detect a device that is capable of drawing more than 1,000 mA, and supplying it with that. This lets you charge your smartphones and tablets, which otherwise don't charge when plugged in to a PC. Measuring 71.6 x 63.3 x 19.5 mm (WxDxH), it weighs about 65 g.
Moving on, SilverStone unveiled a pair of extremely practical SATA power cables, the CP06-E2 and CP06-E4, pictured below in that order. The CP06-E2 has a male SATA connector on one end, connecting to your PSU; and two female SATA connectors on the other, with very little spacing between them. This helps in cases like 3.5-inch to 2x 2.5-inch convertors, where there's very little spacing between the two 2.5-inch bays, causing the long spaces between PSU cables to protrude out, or remain stiff. The CP06-E4 is a 4-connector variant of the cable.
Lastly, SilverStone rolled out a pair of external portable storage solutions, the EP02B and MS07B, pictured above in that order. The EP02B is simply a SATA power+data back-plane, with DC and a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connector on one end, letting you convert any SATA drive into a USB mass storage device. The MS07B, on the other hand, is a more conventional 2.5-inch portable enclosure, which is open-ended, letting you slide in a 2.5-inch SATA drive, dock it with a standard back-plane, and lock it in place. This enclosure features USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface. The company didn't release pricing or availability information.
Latest News Posts
- The Unreal Engine 4 powered 'Koola' demo is absolutely mind blowing
- Pressure is on for Apple Music, as music industry needs major help
- 7 out of 10 smartphone owners sleep with our phones really close to us
- The Last Guardian was years in the making, and Sony feels the pressure
- Report: Samsung to unleash more Tizen-powered smartphones on the world
- cloning os to MZHPV256HDGL-00000
- GA-Z97X Gaming 5 + Intel QDE4
- G41M Combo DDR3 RAM not working
- Some PC-A51 watercooling questions
- Driver Errors
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive