AOC, the worldwide leader in display technology, and DisplayLink, the leading provider of USB Graphics technology, announce the new AOC E1659FWU, a sleek and portable 16-inch monitor that receives both power and signal through a single USB 3.0 cable. The monitor easily connects to laptop and desktop computers to provide a quick, simple solution for dual monitor setups, which can increase productivity by up to 50 percent.
Using DisplayLink technology, the AOC 16-inch USB 3.0 Monitor provides portable convenience allowing users to benefit from a second display in the office or home, at meetings and in hotel rooms. The monitor can be easily used almost anywhere - from coffee shops to trains - with the added benefit of not needing to carry heavy AC adapters and power plugs.
Compatible with both Mac and PC, the USB 3.0 Monitor has a 15.6" viewing window that supports 1366 x 768 resolution at 60 Hz. The slim piano black, highly portable monitor is almost 13 mm thinner than the previous model and easily converts from landscape to portrait view using its secure, foldable metallic stand. Powered by DisplayLink's USB 3.0 silicon and software, the E1659FWU allows for seamless usability via a single USB cable with increased bandwidth and power. The E1659FWU comes with its own monitor carry case for complete flexibility when traveling and easily fits in most notebook bags. Set to ship in August, the E1659FWU monitor is now available for pre-sale at Amazon.com for $139 MSRP.
"When developing the new model of our popular 16-inch Portable USB Monitor, we listened to our customers to include updates like a slimmer profile, a protective carrying case and USB 3.0 technology for faster transfer speeds and improved image quality," said Chris Brown, AOC Global Marketing Manager. "We're happy to continue our relationship with DisplayLink, ensuring interoperability for IT managers with the considerable installed base of DisplayLink enabled devices, while also providing a low power solution perfectly matching our customers' needs."
In addition to being ideal for dual monitor setups on-the-go, the E1659FWU allows users to present easily in public meeting spots such as coffee shops by extending a smaller laptop's screen onto the 15.6" display, eliminating the need to gather around one screen. The monitor can also be used for digital photo frame applications.
"We're excited to expand the product portfolio with AOC and to power their latest USB 3.0 portable monitor," said John Cummins, Vice President Sales and Marketing for DisplayLink. "The growing diversity of platforms from PC, Ultrabooks, tablets and products like Surface Pro can all benefit from a second display, and the new E1659FWU makes this easy via a single USB cable only."
Every AOC monitor is manufactured to meet the most stringent green standards. Along with being mercury free, AOC's industry-leading LED display technology allows for a powerful and crystal clear display while minimizing energy consumption.
- 15.6" viewable image size, diagonal
- Brightness: 200 cd/m² (typical)
- Contrast ratio: 500:1 (static)
- Response Time: 5 ms
- Max. Resolution: 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz
- Input Signal: USB 3.0
- Colors: 16.7M
- Power Consumption: 7 Watts (Max.)
- VESA 75 mm wall mount compliant
- Plug & Play: PC/MAC compatible (Software included)
- Special Features: USB 3.0 Powered, Energy Star and EPEAT certified, carrying case included
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- MSI's first Intel 200-series chipset motherboard is feature heavy
- Access over 1,200 business and IT courses with Career Academy
- GALAX shows off Hall of Fame 4000MHz DDR4 RAM
- GALAX unveils new prismatic Gamer Series DDR4 RAM lineup
- New ASUS ROG Swift monitor can hit 180Hz with NVIDIA G-Sync
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream