AOC, the worldwide leader in display technology, and DisplayLink, the leading provider of USB Graphics technology, announce the new AOC E1659FWU, a sleek and portable 16-inch monitor that receives both power and signal through a single USB 3.0 cable. The monitor easily connects to laptop and desktop computers to provide a quick, simple solution for dual monitor setups, which can increase productivity by up to 50 percent.
Using DisplayLink technology, the AOC 16-inch USB 3.0 Monitor provides portable convenience allowing users to benefit from a second display in the office or home, at meetings and in hotel rooms. The monitor can be easily used almost anywhere - from coffee shops to trains - with the added benefit of not needing to carry heavy AC adapters and power plugs.
Compatible with both Mac and PC, the USB 3.0 Monitor has a 15.6" viewing window that supports 1366 x 768 resolution at 60 Hz. The slim piano black, highly portable monitor is almost 13 mm thinner than the previous model and easily converts from landscape to portrait view using its secure, foldable metallic stand. Powered by DisplayLink's USB 3.0 silicon and software, the E1659FWU allows for seamless usability via a single USB cable with increased bandwidth and power. The E1659FWU comes with its own monitor carry case for complete flexibility when traveling and easily fits in most notebook bags. Set to ship in August, the E1659FWU monitor is now available for pre-sale at Amazon.com for $139 MSRP.
"When developing the new model of our popular 16-inch Portable USB Monitor, we listened to our customers to include updates like a slimmer profile, a protective carrying case and USB 3.0 technology for faster transfer speeds and improved image quality," said Chris Brown, AOC Global Marketing Manager. "We're happy to continue our relationship with DisplayLink, ensuring interoperability for IT managers with the considerable installed base of DisplayLink enabled devices, while also providing a low power solution perfectly matching our customers' needs."
In addition to being ideal for dual monitor setups on-the-go, the E1659FWU allows users to present easily in public meeting spots such as coffee shops by extending a smaller laptop's screen onto the 15.6" display, eliminating the need to gather around one screen. The monitor can also be used for digital photo frame applications.
"We're excited to expand the product portfolio with AOC and to power their latest USB 3.0 portable monitor," said John Cummins, Vice President Sales and Marketing for DisplayLink. "The growing diversity of platforms from PC, Ultrabooks, tablets and products like Surface Pro can all benefit from a second display, and the new E1659FWU makes this easy via a single USB cable only."
Every AOC monitor is manufactured to meet the most stringent green standards. Along with being mercury free, AOC's industry-leading LED display technology allows for a powerful and crystal clear display while minimizing energy consumption.
- 15.6" viewable image size, diagonal
- Brightness: 200 cd/m² (typical)
- Contrast ratio: 500:1 (static)
- Response Time: 5 ms
- Max. Resolution: 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz
- Input Signal: USB 3.0
- Colors: 16.7M
- Power Consumption: 7 Watts (Max.)
- VESA 75 mm wall mount compliant
- Plug & Play: PC/MAC compatible (Software included)
- Special Features: USB 3.0 Powered, Energy Star and EPEAT certified, carrying case included
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A official: 16MP camera and low price
- Final Fantasy XV PC recommends GTX 1080 Ti
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience