April 2013, Milpitas, CA - HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, announces the industry's first 20-drive, single-port 6GB/s SATA RAID HBA, the RocketRAID 644LS. Powered by HighPoint's 6Gb/s SATA Port Multiplier architecture and industry-proven RAID IP, the RocketRAID 644LS represents the industry's best SATA RAID storage performance value, and is fully compatible with PC and Mac computing platforms.
Second Generation SATA 6Gb/s Performance
The RocketRAID 644LS utilizes the latest SATA storage technology, HighPoint's 6Gb/s SATA Port Multiplier Architecture, and a PCIe 2.0 host interface to deliver a blazing fast transfer bandwidth - ideal for large scale RAID 5 configurations comprised of today's cost-effective, high-capacity 6Gb/s SATA hard disk drives.
Supports up to 20 drives from a single Mini-SAS Port
80TB of direct-attached storage from a single cable; configuring large-scale, RAID storage solutions has never been easier! No other 6Gb/s SATA RAID HBA's can deliver this much capacity from a single connection! The RocketRAID 644LS's industry standard SFF-8088 port directly supports up to 4 SATA hard drives, and as many as 20 when used in conjunction with port-multiplier compatible storage chassis and enclosures.
Best Cost/Performance SATA 6Gb/s RAID 5 Solution
The RocketRAID 644LS represents industry's ideal 6Gb/s SATA RAID 5 cost-performance storage solution. An unbeatable combination of HighPoint's industry-proven RAID IP and storage expansion technology, a PCIe2.0 x4 host interface, support for 80TB of storage from a single port, and affordable pricing, makes the RocketRAID 644LS the industry's best 6Gb/s SATA RAID storage value.
The RocketRAID 644LS is supports a variety of storage configurations including RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 and JBOD. The easy to use Web-based Management interface includes advanced RAID features such as Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) and Online RAID Level Migration (ORLE) which allow customers to scale, upgrade or convert existing storage configurations whenever the need arises.
Supports all Major Computing Platforms
The RocketRAID 644LS was designed with maximum compatibility in mind, and can be easily integrated into any PC and Mac computing platform. The PCIe 2.0 x4 host interface, low-profile form factor and Mini-SAS connectivity ensure compliance with industry standard motherboards, backplanes and storage chassis.
The RocketRAID 644LS's comprehensive RAID Storage Management suite is available for all major operating systems and includes BIOS-level storage management, an intuitive Web-based interface, and a selection of CLI packages available for Linux and FreeBSD platforms.
Availability and Pricing
The RocketRAID 644LS will be available in April 2013, from our worldwide network of retail and distribution partners.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio