Noctua today presented the latest models of its award-winning NH-U series of quiet single tower CPU coolers: Whereas the NH-U12S comes equipped with the renowned NF-F12 120 mm fan and succeeds the highly popular NH-U12P SE2, the NH-U14S is the series' first 140 mm model and uses the new NF-A15 140 mm fan. Both models feature a new, slim design that ensures easy RAM access and maximum compatibility with tall memory modules.
"The original NH-U12 and NH-U9 were the first Noctua products we brought to the market and the NH-U series has been a cornerstone of our success ever since", explains Mag. Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "Representing the next generation of this venerable legacy, the new NH-U12S and NH-U14S are the result of almost 10 years of continuous development and optimisation. Both models mark a significant improvement in performance, convenience and compatibility."
Due to its fine-tuned design and the class-leading NF-F12 120mm FocusedFlow fan, the NH-U12S further improves the renowned quiet cooling performance of the NH-U12P SE2. The NH-U14S features a large, six heatpipe design and comes equipped with the NF-A15 140 mm fan. This allows it to best the quiet cooling performance of all other U-series coolers, making it Noctua's most efficient single tower cooler to date.
Both the NH-U12S' NF-F12 and the NH-U14S' NF-A15 fan support PWM for convenient automatic speed control through the mainboard. In addition, the maximum fan speed can be reduced from 1500 to 1200 rpm using the supplied Low-Noise Adaptor for even quieter operation.
The NH-U12S and NH-U14S feature a new, slim layout that has been conceived to provide maximum RAM compatibility: With a fin depth of only 45 mm, the NH-U12S will not overhang the RAM slots even with two fans installed. This gives the user full access to the memory modules on all current CPU sockets and guarantees 100% compatibility with tall heatspreaders or optional memory fans. The NH-U14S features a 52 mm slim design tailor-made for LGA2011 and does not overhang the RAM slots on this platform.
Topped off with the trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system, Noctua's proven NT-H1 thermal compound and full 6 years manufacturer's warranty, the NH-U12S and NH-U14S are complete premium quality solutions that combine superb performance, high compatibility and quiet operation.
Pricing and availability
The NH-U12S and NH-U14S will be available shortly at suggested retail prices of EUR 59.90 / USD 64.90 (NH-U12S) and EUR 69.90 / USD 74.90 (NH-U14S).
Latest News Posts
- Officials say social networking, hookup apps leading to spike in STDs
- Apple rumored to have 10nm processors being tested over at TSMC
- Wii U can't handle Project Cars at 720p 30FPS, waiting for Nintendo NX
- The Rock breaks surprise world record on 'San Andreas' publicity trail
- Samsung intros the new Galaxy S6 edge Iron Man Limited Edition handset
- If you've ever been a noob that was getting into his first battleground and soon realized that you were overmatched by some over the top powerful
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications