Giada Technology, a world famous manufacturer of compact desktop PCs, has announced the launch of compact barebones-system: The D300. The D300 family is based on the 3rd generation of Intel Core processors. The D300 systems are designed for builders of home assembly or all-purpose, unique compact PCs and multimedia systems with a wide range of applications. In addition, support for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) which provides extensive security with high levels of data encryption, allows the use of D300-based systems in various applications in IT departments of large enterprises.
The D300 system is also ideal for industrial control applications, smart traffic control systems, security and surveillance systems, commercial terminals and other similar applications which require small size, wide choice of interfaces, simplicity and reliability of use.
Featuring an ultra-compact size - only 236mm x 182mm x 50mm, the Giada D300 offers unprecedented performance in its size group thanks to the modern system logic - the Intel HM77 Express - and compatibility with 3rd generation Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 chips with a TDP reaching only 35W. The cooling system features a smart control fan.
The Barebones Giada D300 is equipped with two SO-DIMM slots, which allows for the installation of up to 16GB of DDR3-1333/1600 RAM. The motherboard also features two Mini-PCIe slots which allows for the use of extra peripherals (1 x mSATA SSD; 1 x PCIe/USB). The 5.1 channel audio codec is based on the ALC662 and there are two Gigabit Ethernet ports. The inside of the system allows for the installation of a 2.5 inch SATA drive.
The new 3rd generation Intel Core processors feature a powerful DirectX 11 core, which is compatible with a wide range of today's 3D games and supports the majority of data rendering technologies of today. HDMI and DVI technologies with support for HDCP as well as an optional analog VGA interface are provided for video signal output.
The Giada D300 is equipped with a Wi-Fi module to support 802.11b/g/n network standards. Additionally, a user can connect a wireless Bluetooth interface as well as an IR port to use a remote control (which is optional).
Giada's developers took care in providing a complete range of modern interfaces and features for convenient operation whether the system is assembled for home, office or industrial use. For example, the front panel of the D300 features analog Jack connectors to plug a microphone and headphones, two USB 3.0 connectors and two serial COM ports which are still quite common in IPC today. These connectors will be sufficient to use a wide range of external devices (a D300 version also comes without COM ports). The rear panel of the system features three audio jack connectors and two RJ45 LAN ports, there are four USB 2.0, two PS/2 connectors and a connector for an external 12V power supply apart from the above mentioned DVI-I, VGA and HDMI.
Internal interfaces include a GPIO port, TPM connector, a SATA port with power connector, three COM ports and a USB 3.0 port.
Thanks to the VESA Mount fixing mechanism, users can enjoy flexibility in installation and comfort of use. For example, the D300 can be easily attached to the back of a monitor or TV set.
The Giada D300 Barebones-system is equipped with a Phoenix EFI BIOS with support for an ACPI interface. The systems are fully compatible with the majority of popular operating systems including Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Linux.
Shipments of the Giada D300 are expected soon. Pricing will depend on the package and will be announced later.
Latest News Posts
- Console gamers can scale The Division's visuals to boost frame rates
- Mad Catz CEO & Chairman resign after poor quarterly results
- Metal Gear Online getting a new expansion 'Cloaked in Silence'
- World of Tanks update 9,14 is gonna be big, plenty of bang to it
- Amazon's new games engine is powerful, flexible, and totally free
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance