ASUS today announced the TUF Series SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0, the world's first AMD-based motherboard to feature PCI Express 3.0 for use with next generation high performance graphics cards. Up to three DirectX 11 graphics cards with 28nm GPU technology can be used via NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX to create desktop PCs with formidable graphics performance.
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 also features renowned ASUS TUF Series thermal design for superior heat removal. Like all TUF Series motherboards, it undergoes military and server-grade testing to ensure absolute stability, reliability, and longevity. SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 is backed by a five-year warranty.
Military-grade components for superior reliability
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 meets strict TUF Series quality assurance standards, which consist of multiple-stage military and server-grade tests. TUF-certified alloy chokes, together with solid state capacitors and MOSFETs, ensure complete reliability even when the motherboard is subjected to intense use for prolonged periods. Four DIMM slots support up to 32GB DDR3 memory at frequencies up to 2400 MHz, aided by an eight-layered PCB that promotes faster memory performance while ensuring stability and compatibility with improved cross-component signal quality.
Sophisticated thermal management copes with extreme heat
TUF Series motherboards are designed to provide absolute stability and reliability under harsh operating conditions, and feature sophisticated thermal management to handle extreme heat. Both the Northbridge and Southbridge use dual-heatpipe heatsinks with CeraM!X micro-ridged coating that increases the effective heat dissipation surface area by around 50%.
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 also features TUF Thermal Radar, which uses multiple heat sensors across the motherboard for real time temperature monitoring. Independent and automatic fan speed control then allows components to be cooled individually for maximum efficiency and operating stability.
The ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 motherboard will be generally available in the middle of March.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications