ASUS today announced the TUF Series SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0, the world's first AMD-based motherboard to feature PCI Express 3.0 for use with next generation high performance graphics cards. Up to three DirectX 11 graphics cards with 28nm GPU technology can be used via NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX to create desktop PCs with formidable graphics performance.
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 also features renowned ASUS TUF Series thermal design for superior heat removal. Like all TUF Series motherboards, it undergoes military and server-grade testing to ensure absolute stability, reliability, and longevity. SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 is backed by a five-year warranty.
Military-grade components for superior reliability
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 meets strict TUF Series quality assurance standards, which consist of multiple-stage military and server-grade tests. TUF-certified alloy chokes, together with solid state capacitors and MOSFETs, ensure complete reliability even when the motherboard is subjected to intense use for prolonged periods. Four DIMM slots support up to 32GB DDR3 memory at frequencies up to 2400 MHz, aided by an eight-layered PCB that promotes faster memory performance while ensuring stability and compatibility with improved cross-component signal quality.
Sophisticated thermal management copes with extreme heat
TUF Series motherboards are designed to provide absolute stability and reliability under harsh operating conditions, and feature sophisticated thermal management to handle extreme heat. Both the Northbridge and Southbridge use dual-heatpipe heatsinks with CeraM!X micro-ridged coating that increases the effective heat dissipation surface area by around 50%.
SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 also features TUF Thermal Radar, which uses multiple heat sensors across the motherboard for real time temperature monitoring. Independent and automatic fan speed control then allows components to be cooled individually for maximum efficiency and operating stability.
The ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 motherboard will be generally available in the middle of March.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio