Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, expands its range of All-in-One PCs with integrated monitors and adds a 46.7 cm (18.5") version to its original 39.5 cm (15.6") machines.
As well as offering a larger display, the new Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S also provides significantly more power. For the first time conventional Intel desktop processors can be used for the LGA1155 socket, e.g. Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (up to 65 W TDP, heatpipe-cooled). DDR3 RAM up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots. The 5.7 x 46.8 x 36.4 cm (DWH) chassis of the X70S also has space for a 2.5" drive (SSD/HDD) as well as expansions via the Mini-PCIe slot, which can be fitted, for example, with an mSATA module.
The new model comes with Wi-Fi, webcam, microphone and stereo speakers for communication and media playback. Connectors for external speakers and microphone are also available. A second monitor can be hooked up via the HDMI interface. There are 2x USB 3.0 and 6x USB 2.0 ports on the side of the machine. The integrated card reader can read and write to standard SD memory cards.
The two Gigabit network cards of the X70S, up to three serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT) make the system suitable for unconventional applications. If you remove the pedestal at the rear of the machine, the X70S can be fitted to a VESA wall mount, monitor arm or floor stand.
"We envisage the X70S being used in the digital signage segment, as a service terminal at POI, as a till system at POS or simply as a powerful desktop PC, depending on configuration," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "With its size, this machine fills an interesting gap and opens up interesting scenarios in combination with a second monitor."
With the separately available PCL70 accessory, the X70S can be expanded with two additional serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT).
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S is EUR 452.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now. For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo's new Thinkpad X1 Yoga has a 1440p OLED display
- AMD's next-gen Vega graphics cards launch in early 2017
- AMD now has over 100 FreeSync monitors in its arsenal
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller