Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, expands its range of All-in-One PCs with integrated monitors and adds a 46.7 cm (18.5") version to its original 39.5 cm (15.6") machines.
As well as offering a larger display, the new Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S also provides significantly more power. For the first time conventional Intel desktop processors can be used for the LGA1155 socket, e.g. Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (up to 65 W TDP, heatpipe-cooled). DDR3 RAM up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots. The 5.7 x 46.8 x 36.4 cm (DWH) chassis of the X70S also has space for a 2.5" drive (SSD/HDD) as well as expansions via the Mini-PCIe slot, which can be fitted, for example, with an mSATA module.
The new model comes with Wi-Fi, webcam, microphone and stereo speakers for communication and media playback. Connectors for external speakers and microphone are also available. A second monitor can be hooked up via the HDMI interface. There are 2x USB 3.0 and 6x USB 2.0 ports on the side of the machine. The integrated card reader can read and write to standard SD memory cards.
The two Gigabit network cards of the X70S, up to three serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT) make the system suitable for unconventional applications. If you remove the pedestal at the rear of the machine, the X70S can be fitted to a VESA wall mount, monitor arm or floor stand.
"We envisage the X70S being used in the digital signage segment, as a service terminal at POI, as a till system at POS or simply as a powerful desktop PC, depending on configuration," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "With its size, this machine fills an interesting gap and opens up interesting scenarios in combination with a second monitor."
With the separately available PCL70 accessory, the X70S can be expanded with two additional serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT).
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S is EUR 452.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now. For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand