Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, expands its range of All-in-One PCs with integrated monitors and adds a 46.7 cm (18.5") version to its original 39.5 cm (15.6") machines.
As well as offering a larger display, the new Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S also provides significantly more power. For the first time conventional Intel desktop processors can be used for the LGA1155 socket, e.g. Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (up to 65 W TDP, heatpipe-cooled). DDR3 RAM up to a total of 16 GB can be installed in the two SO-DIMM slots. The 5.7 x 46.8 x 36.4 cm (DWH) chassis of the X70S also has space for a 2.5" drive (SSD/HDD) as well as expansions via the Mini-PCIe slot, which can be fitted, for example, with an mSATA module.
The new model comes with Wi-Fi, webcam, microphone and stereo speakers for communication and media playback. Connectors for external speakers and microphone are also available. A second monitor can be hooked up via the HDMI interface. There are 2x USB 3.0 and 6x USB 2.0 ports on the side of the machine. The integrated card reader can read and write to standard SD memory cards.
The two Gigabit network cards of the X70S, up to three serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT) make the system suitable for unconventional applications. If you remove the pedestal at the rear of the machine, the X70S can be fitted to a VESA wall mount, monitor arm or floor stand.
"We envisage the X70S being used in the digital signage segment, as a service terminal at POI, as a till system at POS or simply as a powerful desktop PC, depending on configuration," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "With its size, this machine fills an interesting gap and opens up interesting scenarios in combination with a second monitor."
With the separately available PCL70 accessory, the X70S can be expanded with two additional serial interfaces (COM) and a parallel interface (LPT).
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle All-in-One Barebone X70S is EUR 452.00 (ex VAT). This product is available now. For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes