ROCSTOR, a leading provider of fast, high-capacity data storage and encryption solutions, announces the launch of Amphibious X5. The Amphibious X5 is a secure, ruggedized portable hard drive with real time hardware encryption and offers advanced single-factor authentication, USB and FireWire 800. In addition, the crypto module is FIPS 140-2 certified.
The Amphibious is considered as one of the most secure and user-friendly devices in the world for size, strength of encryption, and method of authentication. It offers users the option of using the device in a cross platform and Operating System independent fashion, and no GUI or software installations required. The Amphibious is the result of a year of intensive R & D effort and collaboration. For the user it offers the value of data security by using an original concept of single-factor authentication, real time hardware encryption, and futuristic design sense. The Amphibious X5 is appropriate for consumers, SOHO's, enterprises, institutions, military and government applications who want to store data in a secure manner.
"Amphibious is Rocstor's latest replacement device on steroids. Designed to be used in consumer, enterprise, institutional, military and US governmental applications, it is the most secure and innovative data-at-rest device on the market today, and comes in a compact size and attractive design," states Asher Ghadoushi, Director for Rocstor. "One of the most distinctive features is that the Amphibious X5 is as secure as Amphibious X7 (with standard Smartcards;) however it incorporate only password authentication on the device; it uses the NITS and FIPS 140-2 validated crypto module for real-time hardware encryption; and allowing users to swap out different brands of hard drives or SSD's."
The Rocsecure Amphibious X5 Ruggedized external pocket mobile hard drive is one of industry's most versatile, Real-Time, Hardware Encrypted storage solutions available with FIPS (US Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Level 3 Cryptographic Engine validated for Physical Security. The Amphibious X5, with USB and 2x FireWire interfaces offers security-sensitive users a wide range of NIST certified DES (Data Encryption Standard) and AES encrypted algorithms. The Amphibious 2.5" ultra-slim drive is designed with AES-256 bit real-time hardware data encryption security performance to effectively intercept, interpret, translate and relay SATA data commands to and from disk drives in "Real-Time". All our Amphibious product lines are designed with new shock-absorbent Damper Strip protection. Rocsecure drives offer the technologies you need to keep you data secure and safe.
Additionally, the encryption contains "ECB" or "CBC", which are one of the most secure encryption modes available today. This drive is both bus"powered and bootable." The new AMPHIBIOUS X5 with key"Token authentication Pocket Drives contains a fast, high capacity 2.5" SATA drive mechanism; with up to 5,000Mbits/sec transfer speeds and silent operation.
The first of its kind in Ruggedized design; The AMPHIBIOUS series Pocket Drive is designed to satisfy sophisticated Military and Government requirements and provides unprecedented quality for the consumer as well. The AMPHIBIOUS X5 is compatible with both Mac and Microsoft Windows" OS.
The ruggedized and enduring Aluminum chamber and shock"absorbent (patent in process) casing protect the drive against impact damage, accidental drops and bumps. These outstanding design features prolong product life and protect data integrity under the toughest working environments.
Wide Range of Applications:
Operating with Mac OS, Linux and Windows, this external drive offers storage capacities ranging from 64GB, 512GB Solid State (DDS) and 250GB to 1TB (HDD) as well as "plug"and "play" capability with hard drive speeds of up to 7,200rpm. This allows users to quickly back up or archive valuable data, large video files and digital photo collections.
- Ruggedized Pocket size external storage drive
- AES-256 bit, ECB Mode (CBC mode is optaional)
- NIST and 140-2 Cryptographic Engine validated
- Hardware based (not a software imbeded in a chip)
- Real-Time (No, down time in encryption or decryption)
- No software is required
- Independent of Operationg Systems
- Robust and tough Aluminum Casing
- Enhanced Shock-Absorbent casing despite its small size
- Incorporates SATA Hard Drive
- USB 2.0 and FireWire 800 connections
- Bus powered and Bootable
- Speeds up to 800 Mega Bytes per second
- Compatibility - Mac or Windows or Linux ...
- Includes all necessary cables
- Encryption: AES-256 Bit Real-Time Hardware encryption
- Authentication: Digital Keys
- Capacities: Hard Disk Drives = 500GB, 750GB and 1TB
- Solid State Drives = 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB
- Rotational Speeds: available with 5,400 or 7,200 rpm HDD and 250 MB/sec+ SSD
- Interface: High Speed USB 3.0 (2.0 compatible) and eSATA
- Transfer Rates: Up to 800 Mb/s FW800 and up to 480 Mb/s USB 2.
- Dimension: ~2.9 x 5x 0.7 inch ~75 x 12.7 x 19 mm
- Weight: ~0.5 lb (~0.2Kg) or less
Latest News Posts
- AMD to unveil its next-gen Radeon R9 390X at Computex in June
- Mike Ey, Microsoft HoloLens designer killed in hit-and-run
- HP Australia 500 million AUD in the red over three years
- Harrison Ford "seriously injured" in plane crash
- ENERMAX unveils world's first fanless digital power supply
- New Asrock EPC612D4U-2T8R: Xeon 2011 v3 or v2?
- Going into BIOS
- X99 UD3 wont post, will then reboot
- ASRock P67 Transformer
- Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Tower Server Review
- Valve Announces Link, Source 2, SteamVR, and More at GDC
- MSI Unveils an Arsenal of New GAMING Products
- AMD Announces New LiquidVR Technology
- Sonnet Introduces Two New Handy Thunderbolt Adapters
- ZOTAC Steam Machine Takes PC Gaming Beyond the Computer