SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced that the company is providing the solid state drive (SSD) for the new ASUS TAICHI Ultrabook, introduced today by ASUS. Running on the Windows 8 operating system, the unique ASUS TAICHI is an ultrabook that features a tablet on the outside of the laptop lid, allowing users to quickly and easily transition from a tablet to notebook functionality, or operate both simultaneously, for superior mobile computing versatility.
With fast, reliable storage provided by a customized SanDisk X100 SSD, a high-performance stand-alone SSD model, the sleek and powerful ASUS TAICHI features a full notebook experience for consumers or business users, as well as the convenience of a tablet with stylus support, all in one device. The SanDisk X100 SSD used in the ASUS TAICHI (available in both 256GB and 128GB1 capacities) enables the ultrabook to boot up quickly and provides incredibly responsive, small form factor storage. With the ASUS TAICHI, both the tablet and notebook screens can be used at the same time, each featuring different content and applications. This enables the device to be easily shared by family, friends or co-workers simultaneously. While offering both notebook and tablet capability, the ASUS TAICHI is surprisingly thin and lightweight, due in large part to the compact form factor of the SanDisk X100. The customized SanDisk SSD also enhances application performance in the ASUS TAICHI and includes thermal control features to help protect the device from overheating, even when both the tablet and notebook capabilities are being operated at once.
"The ASUS TAICHI, with its innovative all-in-one tablet and ultrabook design, opens the door for the possibility of exciting new usage models for medicine, education, business and even consumers," said Y.C. Chen, product planning director, ASUS. "Working with SanDisk has enabled ASUS to bring a highly responsive user experience and robust storage to the TAICHI, without compromising our vision for a sleek, lightweight machine."
"The ASUS TAICHI is truly impressive, both in its design and performance, and we are pleased to work with ASUS on another innovative contribution to the ASUS Ultrabook family," said Kevin Conley, SanDisk senior vice president and general manager, Client Storage Solutions. "The SanDisk SSD provides the ASUS TAICHI with high storage capacity, and a fast and enjoyable user experience even when running simultaneous applications on the tablet and notebook screens - all within the sleek form factor of this ultrabook."
SanDisk Solid State Drive Solutions
SanDisk is helping drive the SSD revolution for consumers and businesses with hardware, software and integrated SSD solutions.
With SanDisk's SSD solutions, consumers can boot their computers faster, launch applications quicker and enjoy a more responsive computing experience2. For tablet and ultrabook manufacturers, SanDisk's SSD offerings enable the design of thinner form factors that offer faster performance. And, for Enterprise companies, SanDisk SSD solutions improve overall performance and speed access to frequently used "hot data" while saving money and consuming less space and energy.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance